× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: LB2120 : Power Light Amber

stradivarius2b
Follower

LB2120 : Power Light Amber

Hi,

I bought 2 units of Netgear LB2120-100PES. They are used in France with SFR Operator.

Every few days, the modems are stuck with Power Led Amber, Signal is full and green and network led is green.

Need to reboot the modem each few days for having again internet, which is not acceptable for my customers...

I have the same issue with the 2 modems. They are up to date firmware, and factory default has already be done on each one.

Do you have a fix firmware for this kind of issue? Or do I need to buy another modem from other manufacturer?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Kind regards,

Julien R.

Message 1 of 6
sa77
Aspirant

Same issue

Message 2 of 6
SOGAPEX
Aspirant

Hello,

same problem here, with FREE operator in France too.

In our case, the netgear LB2120 is not connected to a wan network.

It is connected to our firewall as a backup internet access.

Could someone from Netgear help us with this problem ?

Thanks

Michel D.

Message 3 of 6
docteurmicro50
Initiate

Hi Michel

Don't waste your time, buy one from another brand. I did the same for 2 customers, no more issues....

I have tested 1 week ago is there is a new firmware from Netgear by OTA, nothing...

Buy a Huawei model...

Julien

Message 4 of 6
SOGAPEX
Aspirant

Hi Julien

in my case, this is "only" a backup internet access point in case our fiber link is down.

By the moment, I set the LB2120 as a "router" (not a bridge => operation mode = router) and I manually selected the FREE network (network selection mode = manual)

I also forced the netgear to always operate in 4G mode (default connexion = mobile broadband only)

By the moment, it seems to work (I deliberately plug out the fiber modem ethenret link yesterday to see how the firewall and the netgear modem would handle it = ok)

This morning, the netgear is still available throught the network (192.168.5.1) and all lights are correct (power light = green)

I will report back if it randomly goes "amber" like it did when set as a "bridge".

But it seems in my case, this was the bridge mode that is not really stable or supported in my network configuration.

Regards,

Michel D.

Message 5 of 6
sktm
Guide

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation