× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

LB2120 Setup Info for Fail Over situations?

AaronLTek
Guide

LB2120 Setup Info for Fail Over situations?

Searched all over, cant find proper setup instructions to use this as a fail over for a down cable internet connection?

Does anyone have experience with this?  I've already wasted $70 in data becasue it failed over, and not back - did not recconect.

Also, I've had it not fail over but handed my ASUS router an IP Address... not sure why.

I need to know things like...

1. Should I change the DHCP in the LB2120 to had out IPs that are on the same subnet I already use on my LAN (192.168.2.x)?

2. Is it normal for the LB2120 to be handing the LAN router (my ASUS) an IP address - bascially taking the place of what the cable modem usually does.

... etc

Thank you for the help!

Message 1 of 2
AaronLTek
Guide

Re: LB2120 Setup Info for Fail Over situations?

UPDATE...

Attached screenshots showing configs of ASUS & LB2120

I think I'm close... I put the LB2120 in Bridge mode with ASUS Wifi Router (also the firewall) in the LB2120's DMZ (LB2120 has default IP 192.168.5.1 :: ASUS has static IP of 192.168.5.2)

Problem is, the LB2120 is blocking incomiming communications and/or ports. With just my ASUS router running (LB2120 not connected) everything works as expected. 

It looks like the LB2120 is not passing external (WAN) communications to the ASUS.  When I use my mobile apps that request data/comms from the Internet -- connection is initiated from teh Internet, it never reaches the apps inside my network.  When the internal apps use a cloud proxy (Hikvision, Samsung, etc) where the internal apps initiate the comms (from inside my network)... the mobile apps work fine.

Thus apps that go directly to IP:port (or DDNS:port) do not ever connect.  I verified that DDNS is working properly, correct IP.

Anyone have any ideas?

thx for the help

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7