× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: LB2120 crashes instead of failover

microq
Tutor

LB2120 crashes instead of failover

Picking up the thread that was closed again: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Mobile-Routers-Hotspots-Modems/LB2120-crashing-instead-of-failover/...

My LB2120 was working fine for a while, then my main WAN died and instead of failing over, the LB2120 crashes, the main LED flashes with all the other LEDs on - showing the exact same behaviour as the previous thread. I have to power off, wait, and power on again for things to work. Failover isn't working. Any tips? What was the solution last time?

DM200 (PPPoE auth) static to --> LB2120 NAT to --> R8500

Message 1 of 8
fdicosimo
Tutor

Has anyone solved this? I am on my SECOND unit (returned the first unit becasue of same failover crash issue) and now this one is ALSO crashing at failover. Only resolution is to power cycle the LB2120.

Basic core competance stuff here folks: It's designed to failover and keep the connection UP ~ but instead causes more downtime after implemented.

NETGEAR - we need help on this issue PLEASE.

Message 2 of 8
microq
Tutor

Still nothing from the Reps 😞

I really don't want to have to return it as its a pain to do so with the shop I bought it from (Melbourne locals might know who I'm talking about), so a solution would be awesome!

BUMP!!!!

Message 3 of 8
fdicosimo
Tutor

I have a ticket open with support - hopefully something positive comes out of it. I will keep yinz posted!

Message 4 of 8
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @fdicosimo

Please message me the support case number. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 5 of 8
fdicosimo
Tutor

Message sent, thanks Blanca

Message 6 of 8
hass
Aspirant

Hello, 

I'm having the same problem with my lte modem. Is there any update on the case? Thanks in advance. 

Model: LB2120|4G LTE Modem
Message 7 of 8
fdicosimo
Tutor

Don't even bother opening a case; I did and it was an abismal experience. To the point where I was asked to factory reset my router and wireless networks ... they sent me to a generic "How to reset your router" link that was not even a Netgear site nor document.

I finally gave up and now it sits in a drawer unused.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7