× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

LB2120 does not connect to 3G/4G

timbo649
Aspirant

LB2120 does not connect to 3G/4G

Hi everyone,

I got a problem and two questions below. Thank you.

1. I have LB2120 modem. It used to work OK. Then it started losing mobile connection on  regular basis and it required a re-start to get connected again. Now it does not connect 3G/4G at all. I tried two providers, the same result: "No 3G/4G connection". Any ideas on the problem?

2. I opened a case with support, got a number 42720681 and I should  "call within the next 24 hours". I tried to call but there were a long que and waiting cost me 36 cents per minute, so I could not stay on the line for long. Can anyone explain to Netgear that nowadays we have email, zoom, skype? How can I call them if they don't pick the phone?

Regards, Tim

Model: LB2120|4G LTE Modem
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
timbo649
Aspirant

Re: LB2120 does not connect to 3G/4G

Final update: reported the problem to Amazon, sent modem to them, got full refund.  Way more efficient problem solving than Netgear.

Lesson for the future - always to buy through Amazon. Amazon works, Netgear support sucks.

Now I need to find a device with similar functionality that actually works.  

Regards, Tim

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
timbo649
Aspirant

An update on the process: I tried to call again, I sent an email - no response.

Next step: I made a claim to Amazon for a repair or replacement or refund as the modem is under the warranty. I'll see how it goes.

Message 2 of 3
timbo649
Aspirant

Final update: reported the problem to Amazon, sent modem to them, got full refund.  Way more efficient problem solving than Netgear.

Lesson for the future - always to buy through Amazon. Amazon works, Netgear support sucks.

Now I need to find a device with similar functionality that actually works.  

Regards, Tim

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7