× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: LB2120 lte modem cannot access menu after software update

Rockit1
Follower

LB2120 lte modem cannot access menu after software update

Hello all, Recently had a software update come through and was installed ok on my LB2120. All seems fine however I can no longer access the menu using the ip 192.168.5.1 Wondering if the IP was changed in the update? Is there anyway to find out? At a biy of a loss and can't provide any other info as I can't access the menu. thanks in advance for any help. rockit
Message 1 of 5
BehrendsTech
Aspirant

I have the same issue sometimes after firmware update I have to turn the nic off then back on remotely and it fixes it, try unplugging and then plugging back in the nic if that doesn't work I would try restarting it.  When you update take your time don't rush it, let it download wait a min or two to make sure it's really finished then click update once and even though their isn't progress just let it sit and wait and it should reboot after time.

Model: LB2120|4G LTE Modem
Message 2 of 5
Wilde1
Aspirant

I use the LB2120 (connected to my Orbi AC3000 with "bridge" mode) for my home internet, using AT&T LTE service.

After updating the firmware a few days ago, I ran into the same problem. I could no longer log into my LB2120.

Solution: I held down the reset button (small hole in the label on the back of the LB2120) for about 5 seconds to return it to factory settings. Then I was able to log in again on Windows 10.

I've had significantly faster upload and download speeds since the update , but once or twice a day I lose internet and need to reboot the LB2120. Previously I needed to reboot the LB2120 about once every 1-2 weeks.

Message 3 of 5
permafrost
Aspirant

After reset the LB2120 are responding to 192.168.5.1 but have anyone seen the "whats new" info for the new firmware?

Netgear list this product as "Firmware not available"...

Message 4 of 5
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Aircard Community, 

@Rockit1 please let us know if the information @BehrendsTech and @Wilde1 provided has helped resolve your issue. 

@Wilde1 may we please know the exact model number or device SKU? 

@permafrost kindly provide us the firmware version so I can have it checked. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7