× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: LB2120: no automatic re-connect

AaronLTek
Guide

@sktm  with your Teltonika RUT240 ...

Looks like it has Wifi?  I assume you can turn off the Wifi?  Mine will connect in-between my ASUS Wifi Router and Arris Cable Modem... so ASUS will do the Wifi duties.

also... you using this in the USA or somewhere else... I dont see this selling anywhere in the USA.

thx for the info!

Message 76 of 158
sktm
Guide

@AaronLTek wrote:

@sktm  with your Teltonika RUT240 ...

Looks like it has Wifi?  I assume you can turn off the Wifi?  Mine will connect in-between my ASUS Wifi Router and Arris Cable Modem... so ASUS will do the Wifi duties.

The RUT240 is highly configurable and it can disable the Wifi and router functionality etc (there are also some slightly more expensive models in the range).  

I am from the UK but it appaered on Amazon.com with a USA model in the description.  Otherwise there's always MikroTik SXT or Huawei mentioned elsewhere in this thread and I know a couple of people very happy with the former.

Message 77 of 158
sktm
Guide

@sktm wrote:

Another week has gone by for me using a competitors product and its still fine.  In the time this thread has been running that other manufacturer has pushed out 7 firmware upgrades for the device.  I could take that as they have lots of issues to fix but from the change log it's some new features as well as fixes and the fact they fix issues unlike NetGear is good enough for me.

....and to update my comment above the alternative device I now use has just had another firmware update, so that makes 8 in the time this thread has been running and that competitors product is still running fine without a single issue to date.

I am not promoting any particular device as I am sure many will do the job, just still shocked at the lack of any response or update from Netgear to resolve the issues that many of us have with the LB2120 and its sibling products. 

Message 78 of 158
tleej
Guide

Hi all,

Netgear clearly doesn't care about our "little" problem with a device that several of us cannot return. No firmware upgrade, no automatic reconnection as you know.

Please join me to give them a good run for their (our) money on reddit as it's our last hope that they will do something about it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NETGEAR/comments/bfdpb2/lb2120_netgear_inaction_despite_a_year_old/

Thanks to all.

Message 79 of 158
sktm
Guide

Thought I would give a just over 3 month update on my solution to the LB2120 disconnect which was to put it in its box and buy a Teltonika RUT240 instead. 

As per my previous updates the Teltonika RUT240 has been totally reliable and yet Teltonika still keep releasing firmware updates with both features and fixes.  If only Netgear could do the same, but at least I know what brand to never buy again.......

Message 80 of 158
AaronLTek
Guide

Thanks for the update... I'll be getting one soon
Message 81 of 158
Jttgg
Tutor

I confirm that the rut240 works like a charm, and auto reconnects.
A lot more options and functions. For example, sms forwarding, etc....
I
Message 82 of 158
sktm
Guide

For those still using an LB2120 with this issue - I was contacted by PM yesterday to ask if I was interested in testing some upcoming firmware with a potential fix.  

I am not going to participate given how well my other product is working in its place and my loss of faith in NetGear, but if you are suffering this issue then I suggest PM'ing a mod to ask to be added to the list for testing.

Message 83 of 158
JuBe
Tutor

Hello,

Any news about this new firmware?

I had the LB1110 and it was bad, this one is not better...

Regards,

Julien

Message 84 of 158
sktm
Guide

@JuBe wrote:

Any news about this new firmware?

I had the LB1110 and it was bad, this one is not better...

I hope you've not bought both, but for me its game over. Several better options, with good support and firmware.

I'll never buy another NetGear device again.

Message 85 of 158
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi, All, 

We have a trial firmware available for LB2120 that will address the auto reconnect problems. 

If you're interested to test the firmware, please let us know and we will PM you requesting for more information. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 86 of 158
Computman
Guide

im, IN

please let us know how to

regards
Message 87 of 158
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Computman

Please check your inbox. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 88 of 158
Nimrodplynge
Aspirant

Att Bianca, I’m also in.

Please send me the details and any new firmware and instructions

Message 89 of 158
tplustplus
Tutor

Yes, please send me that software, please.

Message 90 of 158
tleej
Guide

Finally. Yes please count me in as well.

Message 91 of 158
ToyTruck
Aspirant

@tleej wrote:

Finally. Yes please count me in as well.

Me too

Model: LB2120|4G LTE Modem
Message 92 of 158
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Nimrodplynge @tplustplus @tleej @ToyTruck

Thank you for your interest. Please check your inbox. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 93 of 158
klema
Aspirant

Hi,

I also need this FW, because the LB2120 looses the connection sometimes more than one time per day . No automatic re-connection. It is the EU Version of  this device.

Thank you

Message 94 of 158
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @klema

Please check your inbox for more information. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 95 of 158
JuBe
Tutor

Hello,

I would be interested by this trial firmware. Can you send me it?

Thank you. Regards,

Message 96 of 158
steeley
Aspirant

Hi Blanca,

Could I get that firmware too please.  It will hopefully save me having to send this modem back to amazon 🙂

Model: LB2120|4G LTE Modem
Message 97 of 158
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @JuBe and @steeley

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 98 of 158
rramstad
Guide

Please also send me details on how to try this firmware.

My symptoms are similar but different in some ways.

I've wasted the better part of two years blaming Comcast and looking at the routers on either side of the LB2120.

After an outage yesterday I did an experiment that Comcast recommended -- just unplugging the ethernet between the LB2120 and the cable modem, waiting 10 seconds, and plugging the cable back in -- no power cycling -- and I was floored when the LB2120 immediately connected to the cable broadband and stayed there.

Their theory was that the LB2120 was being "impatient" when testing the broadband to see if it was up, and that it would then switch to cell, and back to broadband, and back and forth.  Often I'd get 300+ SMS in an eight hour period before I could get over here to physically reboot everything.

Anyhow it sounds like this firmware might help or eliminate my problem.

Message 99 of 158
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @rramstad

Please check your inbox. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 100 of 158
Top Contributors
Discussion stats