× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: LB2120: no automatic re-connect

chowo
Aspirant

Hi Blanca,

I am interested to test this firmware. Please advise what info I need to provide.

Thank you.

Regards,
Otto
Message 101 of 158
8u9phix
Aspirant

I’m also interested to try the new firmware.
Thanks.
Message 102 of 158
rramstad
Guide

Just a quick note to ask members of this community to post if you get the beta firmware on your device and what your experience with it is.

Thanks.

Message 103 of 158
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @8u9phix

Please check your inbox. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 104 of 158
klema
Aspirant

Hi, when will I get the new firmware? A support ticket was created, the device is registered now but nothing happens. Every day the LB2120  is loosing the connection and the power has to be turned off and on again. So the device is useless.

Klemens

Message 105 of 158
Wantser
Aspirant

Hi,

Can you please send the information in this link to me?

We have four of these in different parts of the country experiencing this issue. Oddly, it only seems to occur with a reasonable level of data transfer. 

Not sure why the information being sent isnt being made available generally.

We were intending to use these as a default device for the setup of a PnP product, IE very large scale deployments after a successful test in a small scale proof of concept, but since moving to pilot phase and have a higher dependancy and bandwidth requirement, they have all failed. Really dissapointed to read this thread and the lack of vendor support. I hope the information being sent directly to members is worth it. I see no further comments to suggest that its the silver bullet we all require for this device.

Thanks

Model: LB2120|4G LTE Modem
Message 106 of 158
jcng
Aspirant

Hi,

Please send me link to new firmware as I have this reconnect issue.

Thanks,

jc

Message 107 of 158
steeley
Aspirant

Has anybody received this firmware yet?  I've replied to the e-mails, registered my router and nothing....anybody had any success at all?

Message 108 of 158
Nimrodplynge
Aspirant

Still waiting for the software to be pushed to my device. I was told that I would be notified when this eventually happens. Based on our wait to get this far, I am not holding my breath, however, in fairness to Netgear, I would rather wait a little longer and get something that works as it is supposed to work. Just my AU$0.02

Message 109 of 158
steeley
Aspirant

I've raised an issue with Amazon and they have agreed to refund me the purchase price if I want to return it.  I'll give the firmware a bit more time but at this point I'm leaning more and more to returning this router, getting a refund and then buying one that actually performs this most basic of requirements...ie - switch to the mobile when the broadband goes down...y'know - the one thing that everybody buys these things for.  It's just unbelievable that netgear are dragging their heels so badly on this

Message 110 of 158
Wantser
Aspirant

I am still to recieve anything also.

From some very basic testing on my desk with one of the "failing" units, it seems I get a disconnect if I transfer approx 4GB in a 24 hour period. Its just failed this morning and this is a similar figure to the last incident a few days ago. Might be coincidence, but I will be trying it again to see if this is a consistent scenario. Anyone else able to test that?

Message 111 of 158
mfoster11
Aspirant

Can i have the firmware please

Mike

Message 112 of 158
TonyDizzle
Aspirant

@Blanca_O 

Hi, any chance you can ping me a link for the new firmware to my inbox?

I am having the same issue - it's incredibly jarring that a failover modem does not failover properly ...

Thanks.

Message 113 of 158
robfrg
Guide

Has anyone actually got this working on the new firmware yet? 

I gave up on it months ago, but I'm keen to know if NG have responded positively yet to their customers clear problems. 

Message 114 of 158
TonyDizzle
Aspirant

I have not even received a link to the new firmware. I am strongly beginning to suspect that it was BS to make it look on the public forum like they were trying to help. I suspect that there is an underlying hardware issue with one of the chips that no amount of software will resolve.
It is extremely disappointing.

However, I understand the Sun Tzu rationale behind now declaring this: anyone with a problem like ours will be in the poor minority. If Netgear published a public mea culpa it would be seen by a lot more people than our individual complaints. Therefore, it makes sense to ignore us.

Just know, Netgear, that I will ignore you on the shelves of every store I shop at, and encourage every customer to do the same.
Message 115 of 158
mfoster11
Aspirant

Not seen or heard a thing!! dont think il be using Netgear again they cant write software for **bleep**!

Message 116 of 158
steeley
Aspirant

My current thoughts are:

Blanca has been pretty responsive so far but for me it's been radio silence since end of last week.  Given the time of year it's quite possible that he/she is on holiday [ vacation for my friends across the pond ] so I'm going to wait until next week.

In the meantime I'm going to be browsing for 4g failover routers that actually...you know...work, and if I get no resolution on this next week then I'll send this ahem "device" back to Amazon, get a full refund and buy one from a different manufacturer.

Message 117 of 158
mfoster11
Aspirant

Im looking at this one

Teltonika 4G-RUT240 Compact Industrial 4G LTE Router

Im using 4g as the main connection with a Satellite backup....so even as the main WAN connection the Netgear is useless

Message 118 of 158
robfrg
Guide

@mfoster11 - that's the router I went to, I highly recommend it, many more features than LB2120 and it also works as it should!

I know this isn't the forum - but I thought this NG story may make you all smile. 

I found out that another WiFi NG (ARLO) router I have has an interesting hidden feature.  You can't set the WiFi channel, instead it picks the strongest WiFi signal and hops to that channel, so my core network basically has NG following it constantly.  My network selects a new "clearer" channel - NG hops on to that one, my network sees congestion, hops, guess who follows...

The only way I've been able to remedy this is to have another WiFi router (the Teltonika router mentioned above) - broadcasting and fixed to a channel that my main network doesn't use, it's right next to the NG box so as to keep it off my main routers channels and lower interference!

Hope that nonsence has made you all smile - happy Friday! 

Message 119 of 158
mfoster11
Aspirant

I have the nighthawk r8000, thats going in the bin and im going to Amplifi HD from Ubuiquiti - software as i say is absolute garbage, they bring out product after product and just ditch it without actually getting it working

Message 120 of 158
TonyDizzle
Aspirant

It's precisely situations like this that give companies the opportunity to shine. Without going into specific details, I have lost track of how many audits I have done for various companies, from data centres to SMEs. When it's basically critical for the CTO to know that, in a 4am failure, he won't have to wake his wife in the early morning as he gets out of bed to reset the connection and confirm his servers haven't fallen off a cliff.... Netgear could charge 10x the current price is they wanted to, and the client would pay, if only they could reassure them that service would be operational no matter what.

Here, with this lb2120 bs product, they cannot.
Most of my client have redundancy packages built into every DC, including DR, so that's circa 5 of these little guys every warm/hot recovery site, at a minimum (assuming the connections aren't running in parallel, which of course they often are.

So £3k from me, plus another, what 20 people just on this thread that will never use this product again?
Congrats, 60k lost sales in the space between 2 heartbeats. Well done.
Not to mention the reputational cost against other Netgear products....

Breathtakingly moronic. Honestly.
Message 121 of 158
steeley
Aspirant

Hi Blanca,

I was interested in trying this mythical new firmware but you and the rest of your team seem spectacularly incompetent.  I registered my interest.  I registered my product with you guys, as you asked, and then I waited.  Then I waited some more...and now I'm done with waiting.

Fortunately I have a good relationship with Amazon and they've agreed for me to return this useless router and get a full refund.  I'm immensely disappointed at how badly this has been handled by netgear and can now hand on heart promise that I'll never buy another piece of netgear kit.

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves and your company.

Message 122 of 158
rramstad
Guide

I am now deeply offended.

I made a post here a few days ago detailing my experience.

That post has been deleted and no one told me that it was deleted or why.

In a nutshell, I requested beta participation, and then had the reconnection problem again.  I asked about the beta firmware and was told it was pushed to my device 10 days prior.  I explained that I had the problem again and asked them what the firmware revision was that I should have.  They responded and gave me the current production firmware and said that my firmware should be a different identifier.  I wrote back and said it wasn't, that I still had the production firmware.  They said they'd look into it.

Shortly after that I made a post here recommending that folks who had asked to be in the beta consider contacting support and asking them about the status, especially if they were still running the stock firmware version.

That post has mysteriously disappeared from this forum.  No idea why.

It's now been almost a week, and I've had no further updates.  My device just crapped out again about an hour ago with the same symptoms -- once it loses connection to broadband, it will never reconnect successfully, without me manually unplugging the Ethernet from the device, waiting 10 seconds, and plugging it back in.  It can't detect that the broadband is fine without being physically disconnected from the broadband first.

Message 123 of 158
rramstad
Guide

Hi, I am increasingly frustrated. My device still shows the same firmware revision and it appears that Netgear has never been able to push the beta firmware to me. I have heard nothing back from anyone at Netgear in many weeks, either through the regular support channels or through this forum. It's ridiculous.

Message 124 of 158

I have just installed this device and have the exact same issue

I would like to trial the new firmware please

I will be sending the device back in 7 days if I haven't received the new firmware or if the device still isn't auto reconnecting

Message 125 of 158
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7