× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: LB2120 outside antenna recommandation and installation

MOOREG4
Follower

LB2120 outside antenna recommandation and installation

Good day everyone:

I have a Netgear LB2120 connected up and is operational with an AT&T sim card.  Working great but I would like to put an outdoor antenna on the roof to boost my signal.  I have looked to now I am quite lost and confused.  With the antenna on the roof I could get the best signal with the tower at hand.

The question, I have has anyone else done this at a minumal cost.  I am currently looking at a 

Wilson Electronics Wideband Directional Antenna 700-2700 MHz, 50 Ohm (314411).  I already have 50 ohm cabling from an older antenna in place which is in good shape.  The question I keep asking is do I need a booster also to make this work. or can I just plug the cable coming from the antenna to the modem.  Wilson could not answer this question!  

If anyone has any recommendations for this or any other type of product I would greatly like to hear from you

thanks

Scott
Message 1 of 2
LlamaLarry
Luminary

Re: LB2120 outside antenna recommandation and installation

I use: http://shop.proxicast.com/shopping/proxicast-4g-lte-cross-polarized-10-dbi-mimo-high-gain-fixed-moun...

You should be able use the non-MIMO Wilson fine as long as your cabling ends up with a TS9 pigtail to plug into the modem.  Since it is not MIMO just plug your antenna into the Main port (not the Div port).  If you want you can add a second Wilson and offset the first by 45 degrees and plug it into the Div port.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7