× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

LB2120 outside antenna recommandation and installation

MOOREG4
Follower

LB2120 outside antenna recommandation and installation

Good day everyone:

I have a Netgear LB2120 connected up and is operational with an AT&T sim card.  Working great but I would like to put an outdoor antenna on the roof to boost my signal.  I have looked to now I am quite lost and confused.  With the antenna on the roof I could get the best signal with the tower at hand.

The question, I have has anyone else done this at a minumal cost.  I am currently looking at a 

Wilson Electronics Wideband Directional Antenna 700-2700 MHz, 50 Ohm (314411).  I already have 50 ohm cabling from an older antenna in place which is in good shape.  The question I keep asking is do I need a booster also to make this work. or can I just plug the cable coming from the antenna to the modem.  Wilson could not answer this question!  

If anyone has any recommendations for this or any other type of product I would greatly like to hear from you

thanks

Scott
Message 1 of 2
LlamaLarry
Luminary

Re: LB2120 outside antenna recommandation and installation

I use: http://shop.proxicast.com/shopping/proxicast-4g-lte-cross-polarized-10-dbi-mimo-high-gain-fixed-moun...

You should be able use the non-MIMO Wilson fine as long as your cabling ends up with a TS9 pigtail to plug into the modem.  Since it is not MIMO just plug your antenna into the Main port (not the Div port).  If you want you can add a second Wilson and offset the first by 45 degrees and plug it into the Div port.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7