× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

LB2120 really flaky connection, can output to syslog or no?

superjet
Star

LB2120 really flaky connection, can output to syslog or no?

lb2120 running in bridge mode with AT&T service. Every so often (seems random) my router will report the connection to be down, then 2 minutes or so later it comes back up.  I would like to be able to troubleshoot by outputting the log of the modem to a syslog server. Is this possible? Are there any known issues with this model and being randomly disconnected? I saw another thread about it with no real resolution but not much information elsewhere. I'm bridging it to a AC68U modem that fails over to another connection when the AT&T goes down.

Message 1 of 5
SystemCrash
Guide

Re: LB2120 really flaky connection, can output to syslog or no?

I don't think you can output the system log to different server.
Message 2 of 5
pnc-arlo
Aspirant

Were you able to troubleshoot your flaky connection? I was seeing the same issue. The only time that I haven't seen dropping and reconnecting is when I:

1. Put the LB2120 in bridged mode
  2. Connect the LB2120 WAN port to a router LAN port
  3. Connect the LB2120 LAN port to a device (in my case a SmartThings hub)

It's not my ideal solution, but, for now, it works as a cellular backup to just my SmartThings hub. I would rather the LB2120 be a redundant connection for my entire network, but with it dropping, it makes the router/network unstable.

Hopefully someone has found a solution and will respond.

Message 3 of 5
superjet
Star

I just put it in router mode and gave up on getting a good vpn connection.

Message 4 of 5
PeterPetier
Aspirant

I have the same problem. I think the connection of the provider goes sometimes down for 3 seconds and the LB2120 switches to cellular.

There should be an option to tell the device how long to wait before making the failover. Otherwise I get several message per day per downtime from the provider.

Is there a place where we can suggest new functions?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7