× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: LB2120 really flaky connection, can output to syslog or no?

superjet
Star

LB2120 really flaky connection, can output to syslog or no?

lb2120 running in bridge mode with AT&T service. Every so often (seems random) my router will report the connection to be down, then 2 minutes or so later it comes back up.  I would like to be able to troubleshoot by outputting the log of the modem to a syslog server. Is this possible? Are there any known issues with this model and being randomly disconnected? I saw another thread about it with no real resolution but not much information elsewhere. I'm bridging it to a AC68U modem that fails over to another connection when the AT&T goes down.

Message 1 of 5
SystemCrash
Guide

I don't think you can output the system log to different server.
Message 2 of 5
pnc-arlo
Aspirant

Were you able to troubleshoot your flaky connection? I was seeing the same issue. The only time that I haven't seen dropping and reconnecting is when I:

1. Put the LB2120 in bridged mode
  2. Connect the LB2120 WAN port to a router LAN port
  3. Connect the LB2120 LAN port to a device (in my case a SmartThings hub)

It's not my ideal solution, but, for now, it works as a cellular backup to just my SmartThings hub. I would rather the LB2120 be a redundant connection for my entire network, but with it dropping, it makes the router/network unstable.

Hopefully someone has found a solution and will respond.

Message 3 of 5
superjet
Star

I just put it in router mode and gave up on getting a good vpn connection.

Message 4 of 5
PeterPetier
Aspirant

I have the same problem. I think the connection of the provider goes sometimes down for 3 seconds and the LB2120 switches to cellular.

There should be an option to tell the device how long to wait before making the failover. Otherwise I get several message per day per downtime from the provider.

Is there a place where we can suggest new functions?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7