× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

LM1200: Connected to T-Mobile but not internet

Classictrike
Aspirant

LM1200: Connected to T-Mobile but not internet

Hey all! I have an LM1200 with a T-Mobile SIM.

I have the device set in Router mode with a connection to my Mac Mini from the LAN port of the modem to an Ethernet port on my Mac Mini.

In the modem’s admin settings I can see that I’m connected to T-Mobile and that I’ve received IPv4 and IPv6 addresses. I also confirm I have an IP address given to my Mini that’s within the broadcast domain of the router. However, I’m unable to browse to any site or ping Google or Cloudflare DNS servers.

Finally, I even tried setting it to bridge mode and using it as failover to my Unifi Dream Machine Pro. Same problem occurred: external IP achieved but no connectivity.

All help is appreciated. Thanks!
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Classictrike
Aspirant

Re: LM1200: Connected to T-Mobile but not internet

Called T-Mobile. The resolution was they had to activate my SIM. Everything works great now with the hotspot. I've got it hooked up as a failover connection on my UDM Pro.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
Classictrike
Aspirant

Bumping this up. Help please!

Message 2 of 5
needbrew
Aspirant

I am having the same problem.  Unit appears to be connected to Tmobile, lights are green and in the web page says connected, but cannot hook up to my orbi router, tried bridge and router mode, tried hookin a pc directly to the LM1200 and got an ip when in router mode, but still cannot access any web sotes

Message 3 of 5
Classictrike
Aspirant

Terribly annoying.

I'm curious if this may be related to the type of SIM inside of the device. When I ordered my SIM from T-Mobile I spoke with the rep over the phone and requested a SIM for this specific device, which she confirmed would work based on the IMEI. I've seen talk around there being distinctions between how T-Mobile has our SIMs classified as either BYOD or hotspot (I could be slightly off on the two options). 

How did you get your SIM? 

Additional info I have mine added as an additional line on my account on the 500MB/month data plan. Southeastern US.

Message 4 of 5
Classictrike
Aspirant

Called T-Mobile. The resolution was they had to activate my SIM. Everything works great now with the hotspot. I've got it hooked up as a failover connection on my UDM Pro.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7