× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

LM1200 - Port forwarding will not save

cjones26
Aspirant

LM1200 - Port forwarding will not save

Just purchased an LM1200 from Amazon--I am unable to get any port forwarding settings to save after putting the device in "router" mode.  Even after a factory reset, I attempt to enable port forwarding (which works fine), though when I enter in a rule and hit the purple "+" button, it appears to save the first time, but on hitting submit the page comes back blank.  After I attempt to enter the rule again, I receive an error stating it was unable to add the rule.

Seems like this product has had a ton of issues--any advice?

Message 1 of 21
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: LM1200 - Port forwarding will not save

Hi @cjones26

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Have you tried using different web browser?

Kindly provide the current firmware version. 

Who is your Internet provider? 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 21
cjones26
Aspirant

Hi Blanca,

Please see the answer to your questions inline below.

Have you tried using different web browser?

Yes, I have tried utilizing the latest version of Firefox, Chrome, and Chromium to no avail.  

Kindly provide the current firmware version. 

The current firmware version is EC25AFFDR07A09M4G.  The current App version is NTG9X07C_20.04.07.06.  The current Web App version is LM1200-HDATA_03.03.103.189.  I have attempted updating the firmware from the device directly and I receive "Update error: There was a problem udpating your device.  Please check again later."  I have also attempted searching the Netgear site for a firmware upgrade, yet none is provided.

Who is your Internet provider? 

Google Fi, which runs from T-Mobile towers.  I am having no issues accessing the internet via the modem.

Message 3 of 21
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @cjones26

Thank you for responding. 

May we please know the ports that you are trying to forward?

Kindly clear browser cache and cookies. 

As for the firmware update error, please check the following:

- Make sure that you are not using the IPv6 address

- Device has good signal coverage

- Device is not in roaming mode

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 4 of 21
cjones26
Aspirant

I am trying to forward port 55195/UDP to internal 192.168.5.100 with no success, even after clearing my browser's cache and cookies.

As for the firmware update, I have great signal -- please see the below screenshot--I have great signal and the device is not in roaming mode, and I am not sure what you mean by "make sure you are not using the device's IPv6 address."  I have the APN set to IPv4 only, and the device doesn't even have an IPv6 address set.

Firmware_Update_Error.png

Message 5 of 21
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @cjones26

We are looking into this issue and would like to work with you. I will PM you requesting for more information.

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 6 of 21
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Your device is on the latest release. There is no new release available for your device.

We are checking the issue right now and will get back to you with some details. Based on the community discussion, other users can add the port forwarding rules without issues.

Sorry for the inconvience.

Message 7 of 21
cjones26
Aspirant

Got it, I appreciate the info, @JohnPeng

On a side note, I have responsed to the PM sent by @Blanca_O with my contact information.

Thanks!

Message 8 of 21
badincite
Tutor

Having the same issue just getting an error adding entry. Has a soultion be found?

Message 9 of 21
cjones26
Aspirant

I have been working with Netgear support for like 2 months on a ticket regarding this, the issue is still outstanding and actively being investigated.

Message 10 of 21
badincite
Tutor

Guess im retuning this crap to amazon the lb1120 works.

Message 11 of 21
cjones26
Aspirant

I wish I could find a cheap LB1120--the only ones I've been able to find are siginficantly more expensive than this model, unfortunately.

Message 12 of 21
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Found the root cause of the issue and it had been addressed. Please waiting for the release coming soon.

Thanks

John

Message 13 of 21
badincite
Tutor

What's the eta on the release?

Message 14 of 21
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

The release will come out by the end of Aug.

Thanks

John

Message 15 of 21
srganote
Aspirant

Has the issue with port forwarding been resolved? I just purchased a new device and enabled port forwarding but cannot add anything to the list (all as described by others). I saved the config file and edited it - there is nothing in the port forwarding list. 

Firmware Version: EC25AFFDR07A09M4G
Firmware Build Date: Unknown
App Version: NTG9X07C_20.04.07.06
Web App Version: LM1200-HDATA_03.03.103.189

I have used Chrome (Version 93.0.4577.63 (Official Build) (64-bit)) and Edge [Version 93.0.961.38 (Official build) (64-bit)].

Message 16 of 21
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

The issue has been resolved in the latest FW release. Please do a manual upgrade check to upgrade your device to the latest release: App Version: NTG9X07C_20.06.09.00.

Thanks

@srganote wrote:

Has the issue with port forwarding been resolved? I just purchased a new device and enabled port forwarding but cannot add anything to the list (all as described by others). I saved the config file and edited it - there is nothing in the port forwarding list. 

Firmware Version: EC25AFFDR07A09M4G
Firmware Build Date: Unknown
App Version: NTG9X07C_20.04.07.06
Web App Version: LM1200-HDATA_03.03.103.189

I have used Chrome (Version 93.0.4577.63 (Official Build) (64-bit)) and Edge [Version 93.0.961.38 (Official build) (64-bit)].

Message 17 of 21
srganote
Aspirant

@JohnPeng, thank you for a quick response. How do I get NTG9X07C_20.06.09.00? The downloads does not show anything for the LM1200 and the "check for update" button says "there was a problem updating your device"

Message 18 of 21
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Please do a factory reset first. Then check for update. If your device still can't find the update, please let me know. I will help you with that.

Thanks

Message 19 of 21
srganote
Aspirant

After a few factory resets and a few restarts where it did not like correctly entered password, it finally completed updates and allowed entries to the port forwarding list. Thank you @JohnPeng for your help and fast repsonses, it is very much appreciated.

Message 20 of 21
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Glad to know that you finally made it working. Sorry for the inconvience. 

Message 21 of 21
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 20 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7