× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

LM1200 drops internet after 6 hours when used as failover

jparchitect
Aspirant

LM1200 drops internet after 6 hours when used as failover

I hooked up a LM1200 between my FIOS ONT and Netgear Nighthawk X10 WIRELESS AD7200 Router. Using ATT SIM CARD. After some headaches getting the proper APN from ATT finally got it all seemingly working but it keeps dropping the internet connection after exactly 6 hours. I do a power cycle of all devices and it works again for 6 hours and then drops. Here's my APN setting on the LM1200:

APN: Broadband

AUthentication: None

PDP: IPV4V6

PDP Roaming IPV4V6

I went through automated setup on the router and even did a factory reset and firmware upgrade on both devices and still have the same issue. Any help on some settings I may need to change is much aprpeciated or this setup just won't work. When I disconnect the LM1200 in my setup, eveything works fine so it is causing some sort of hiccup in my system when connected. Thanks.

Message 1 of 14
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: LM1200 drops internet after 6 hours when used as failover

For your case, please try to enable keepalive timer and use the default keepalive timer setting. It will help.

Please let me know if you still see the issue after enabling the timer.

Thanks

Message 2 of 14
jparchitect
Aspirant

Is the keepalive timer a setting on the router or the LM1200 LTE modem? I am not familiar with what you are talking about so I appreciate an explanation if you can. Thanks!

Message 3 of 14
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Keepalive.PNG

Sorry. The setting is on LM1200.

Please log in to WebUI by visiting 192.168.5.1. The admin log password can be found on the product label.

Then go to Settings -> Advanced -> Failover -> Select radio button On for Keepalive.

Thanks

Message 4 of 14
jparchitect
Aspirant

Thanks! i found it. there are some other keepalive settings too (keepalive interval) and a ping configuration. do I need to change anything with these or keep the default? 

Message 5 of 14
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Just keep everyong else with default values.

Thanks

Message 6 of 14
jparchitect
Aspirant

Well,

I tried your advice and just like clockwork, the internet connection dropped again exatly 6 hours after I changes the settings, just like before. Any other suggestions?

Message 7 of 14
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Please confirm your network setup is the same as below.

FIOS ONT -> FIOS Router (Do you have this? If so, what is the brand and model -> LM1200 WAN port -> LM1200 LAN Port -> Netgear Router

The issue may be related DHCP release timer on your FIOS ONT or FIOS Router. I will check internally. Please advise the FW version on your device.

Thanks

Message 8 of 14
jparchitect
Aspirant

Hi, Yes, that is my network setup. FIOS ONT -> LM1200 WAN port -> LM1200 LAN port to Netgear Nighthawk WAN port. My FIOS ONT model number is Verizon I-211M-L.  All Netgear FW is current. I don't have the FW version with me at the moment since I had to leave. Which device do you want FW version for?

Message 9 of 14
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Thanks for the information. Let me check and get back to you.

Have a good night.

Message 10 of 14
jparchitect
Aspirant

Hello,

I still need help. any other recommendations?

Message 11 of 14
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Sorry for the delay. I am still checking internally. Will get back to you soon.

Thanks

Message 12 of 14
jparchitect
Aspirant

Hello,

Still wondering if you can help. If not, i need to return this device because i can't get it to work.

Message 13 of 14
jparchitect
Aspirant

please, trying to get this to work still and no luck. I also tried the setup without my Fios ONT connected and the same thing happens. The internet connect drops after about 5 or 6 hours with just the LM1200 connected to wifi router. 

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7