× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: LM1200 repeatedly dropping link

AaronWTCI
Aspirant

Any new resolutions to this issue?

Message 76 of 233
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@AaronWTCI wrote:

Any new resolutions to this issue?

Based on the logs captured so far, we could see that the data connection was torn down by the network. We are still working with Verizon to find the root cause of the issue. Most of Verizon customers don't have the issue.

Thanks

Message 77 of 233
AaronWTCI
Aspirant

Should I try and call Verizon Support? 

Message 78 of 233
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@AaronWTCI wrote:

Should I try and call Verizon Support? 

I don't think their Tech support can help on this. We are running testing internally and noticed that 1 out of 10 tries, the data connection will be be disconnected by the network with the same device and same SIM card. We are reaching to VzW network to check the network logs to see why a connection try is disconnected by the network, but not for every try.

Thanks

Message 79 of 233
zelthian
Tutor

On the AT&T/T-Mobile side of things, turning on Keepalive and setting the Keepalive Interval to 30 minutes did the trick for me. Before it would be 1.5 - 2 hours between link drops. I've been up for 5 days now after setting this up.

-Mike

Message 80 of 233
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@zelthian wrote:

On the AT&T/T-Mobile side of things, turning on Keepalive and setting the Keepalive Interval to 30 minutes did the trick for me. Before it would be 1.5 - 2 hours between link drops. I've been up for 5 days now after setting this up.

-Mike

Hi Mike, 

Thanks for your confirmation on this. 

Hi All, for the data drop issue after certian period of time, please enable Keepalive timer and leave the default timer as 15 minutes. It will help to resolve the issue.

On this thead, we are still investigating the VZW data connection issue due to network initiated disconnection. 

Thanks

Message 81 of 233
peterkeen
Aspirant

Chiming in to say that I've been spending hours trying to get my LM1200 to work on Verizon. I'm seeing the exact same issue as described at the beginning of the thread. It works fine attached to my computer. When I attach it to my router (a virtualized pfSense instance) I can ping and curl things all day long, but as soon as I switch it to be the default gateway the modem starts cycling the connection, compete with the red LTE light flash.

Message 82 of 233
brianatlarge
Aspirant

It looks like I'm also affected by this issue.

When I had the modem in bridge mode, the LAN interface would continuously flap. I changed the modem to router mode it's still flapping every so often.

I did notice when it was in bridge mode it said it was downloading a firmware update, but it never got past 55%.

Now that it's in router mode, it doesn't say it's downloading any update. When I click the button to check for an update, it says:

Update Error
There was a problem updating your device. Please try again later.

Firmware

Firmware Version: EC25AFFDR07A09M4G
App Version: NTG9X07C_20.04.07.06
Web App Version: LM1200-HDATA_03.03.103.189
Hardware Version: 1.0
Message 83 of 233
AaronWTCI
Aspirant

Is this thread still live? It doesnt seem netgear has came back with a solution for all of us?

Message 84 of 233
stuyboy
Tutor

I use the LM1200 as a cellular backup for my broadband connection.  

If I configure the LM1200 to act as a Router, it works fine with my Verizon account.  But because DMZ and Port Forwarding don't work in this mode, I can't reach my hosted servers when on Broadband (98% of the time).

But if I configure the LM1200 to act as a Bridge, the backup functionality doesn't work with Verizon, because the connection keeps cutting out when failback to cellular occurs (2% of the time).  It effectively is a brick between my cable modem and router, flapping every few seconds.  But at least I can reach my servers 98% of the time (when on broadband).

So I've resorted to getting SIM cards from all the major providers to try to find a non-Verizon solution (AT&T, T-Mobile) that's still cost effective, and still a strong signal. 

I just wish Netgear and Verizon would be able to find out why the LM1200 doesn't work in Bridge mode on the Verizon network.  

Just one bug away from being an awesome failsafe cell data device on the best network (where I live).

Thank you Netgear for creating the LM1200: so close.. but yet so far...

Message 85 of 233
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Hi All,

Thanks for your patience on Verizon disconnection issue. We are still working on the fixes right now. Will keep you updated in the coming days.

Thanks

John

Message 86 of 233
AaronWTCI
Aspirant

Thank you for the update. I am really hoping for this solution as this device is going to be sales tool for our msp team. I really need the ability for mobile connectivity through our firewall for demo purposes. 

Message 87 of 233
stuyboy
Tutor

John:

Any developments?  Does the team think we're close to resolution with Verizon?  Or is this still way out in terms of finding the problem?

Message 88 of 233
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@stuyboy wrote:

John:

Any developments?  Does the team think we're close to resolution with Verizon?  Or is this still way out in terms of finding the problem?

We are at the final stage on debugging the issue. Verizon has been contacted and waiting for their feedback on the network logs for the disconnection issue. Still working on it.

Thanks

Message 89 of 233
newmediasoup
Aspirant

Just wanted to add to this thread that I'm experiencing the same thing with a Verizon sim.

In bridge mode (which is the mode I would think it needs to be in), connected to our Orbi, it resets itself every 30 seconds or so.

Basicaly can't use it at all!

However, when I set it to Router mode (counter intuitive, since the Orbi is routing 100+ devices), it actually works.

Thankfully, theres no "Double NAT" issues. (also confusing!)

We're only using this when PGE fails, and Comcast disconnects after their battery backup runs out.

Hopefully, the way we're running it continues to work for us, but it definitiely doesn't seem correct.

Looking forward to a firmware that cleans/clears all of this up.

Thanks in advance Netgear. 

Cheers,

Joel

Newmediasoup, LLC

Message 90 of 233
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

For all customers who are experiencing constant disconnection with Verizon SIM card, could you please help to check your SIM's ICCID and let me know what is the number on the 11th digit of the ICCID? Based on Verizon, the number should not be lower than 7. We would like to determine whether the disconenction issue is due to older Verizon SIM cards.

ICCID is the numer printed on your SIM card starting with 89.

Thanks

Message 91 of 233
JinTu
Star

OP here, and my ICCID's 11th digit is 7. The SIM itself was purchased directly from Verizon in August 2021.

Message 92 of 233
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@JinTu wrote:

OP here, and my ICCID's 11th digit is 7. The SIM itself was purchased directly from Verizon in August 2021.

Thanks for the quick feedback. You do see the constant disconnections with the Verizon SIM.

Regards

John

Message 93 of 233
VinceBlack
Aspirant

Hello, Checked and my ICCID is 5. 

Message 94 of 233
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@VinceBlack wrote:

Hello, Checked and my ICCID is 5. 

Thanks for the confirmation. Our test SIM is 6. We are getting a replacement SIM card with higher number and will let you know whether the new SIM card can resolve the issue. If so, you can request to have your SIM card updated as well.

Message 95 of 233
JinTu
Star

Hi @JohnPeng,

Yes, but only until I am able to successfully able to manually release and renew the DHCP lease and then the link stabilizes as mentioned in the first post. You have logs from me from October 25 of last year.

Message 96 of 233
solah
Guide

@JohnPeng The 11th digit of ICCID is a 6, SIM issued in late Sep 2021. My device is experiencing the frequent connectivity issue, as described in my previous comments in this thread. Issue is still occuring. 

Message 97 of 233
stuyboy
Tutor

My SIM's 11th digit is 7, and I definitely experience disconnects when in bridge mode. Purchased in Dec 2021. Currently using a Net 10 SIM in the modem (att network), and in bridge mode working fine. Except Verizon coverage in my area is much better, and would prefer to switch back. Thanks for your diligence, John.
Message 98 of 233
newmediasoup
Aspirant

The 11th digit on my Verizon SIM is 1.
Message 99 of 233
AaronWTCI
Aspirant

my 11th digit is a 6, it was also issued in fall of 2021.

Message 100 of 233
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7