× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

LM1200 won't connect to router

peterchech
Follower

LM1200 won't connect to router

I have to say, the manual for this device is pretty useless. There are zero instructions on how to set up failover, explaining the failover settings, or even just explaining how to connect to a network generally. After some experimentation I was able to get it to work with my google nest router, which is connected to my switch on my home network. I set it to bridge mode and turned on failover, then plugged the WAN side to my modem and the LAN side to my google nest router. And it works.

However I cannot get it to work with my synology router on my work network whether in bridge mode or router mode. I plug the LAN side on the LM1200 into the WAN plug on the router and it does NOT have internet access.

Even if I didn't want to use failover, I cannot figure out any way to connect it to my office network. It won't work with my switch even when in router mode. And I do want to use failover that's why I bought this thing.  Firmware is up to date, and it does work when directly plugged into a single PC, it just won't work when plugged into my synology router or switch. Does anyone have any ideas? 

Message 1 of 3
gsoural
Aspirant

Re: LM1200 won't connect to router

Hi

Did you figure your issue out?

I'm having the same issue with my new LM1200.

G

Message 2 of 3
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: LM1200 won't connect to router

Hi @gsoural

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7