× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: LTE 4x4 MIMO outdoor antenna

TeeJay74
Virtuoso

LTE 4x4 MIMO outdoor antenna

What do you think about my new toy, 4x4 LTE Mimo panel antenna ? I am really looking forward to test it with MR1100 later.

Kuva1.JPGKuva2.JPG

Message 1 of 19
UK-based
Luminary

Looks great TeeJay74 - first one I've seen - none on the market yet. The question is, how are you going to connect it to the MR1100 when there are only 2 connections for external antennas? Are you going to have to open the MR1100 casing?

Message 2 of 19
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

Not actually opening, but some drilling etc. There is a plan and hopefully it works. Only time will tell that. For me this is high priority.

This antenna model:

Dawn Communication Co., Ltd.

698-960/1710-2700MHz XX-Pol Wideband Panel Antenna

Model: DB-698/2700X-8-65

Message 3 of 19
Tomderp
Star

We went the 4x4 route a few months back, it is great! Just a little solder and you will do just fine.

4x4.jpg

Message 4 of 19
UK-based
Luminary

Any chance of a closeup photo and an indication of where the 3rd and 4th contacts are made?

Message 5 of 19
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

Ventilation seems to be good 🙂

Message 6 of 19

That's awesome. Where did you get that I can't find it online. Wonder if I could force my modem to 1900mhz with that. I'm using a allelic 698mhz-2700mhz panel in the picture and it switches between 700mhz and 1900mhz and kills my bandwidth

Message 7 of 19
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

Message 8 of 19

guess this isn't state side yet.

Message 9 of 19
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

I also know that CSG Networks have designed similar style LTE 4x4 Mimo panel antenna.
Message 10 of 19
KarmusDK
Apprentice

Wow, that looks amazing! Can you perhaps tell me, which of the 4 extra antenna connectors that can boost the carrier aggregation and what the connector types are? I asked Netgear support, but they say they are proprietary and won't help me further. If it is possible to connect more than 1 MIMO-antenna, I would like to do so.

Picture from 4pda.ruPicture from 4pda.ru

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US)
Message 11 of 19
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

Now I feel that I do not want to encourage anyone to do such actions that void device warranty. So keep your devices in one piece and warranty valid. No problem if you know what to do, this can be implemented in style, but exact details are internal information.

Message 12 of 19
plus-sk
Apprentice

I can agree with TeeJay74, except of warranty problems, the use of internal connectors is unsafe, they are very fragile. 

But here in the middle of the page we can see how to use it: http://www.news.com.au/technology/gadgets/inside-telstras-top-secret-testing-lab/news-story/86747542...

9530261.jpg

Message 13 of 19
winger13
Guide

Frankenstein lives !!!

@Tomderp wrote:

We went the 4x4 route a few months back, it is great! Just a little solder and you will do just fine.

4x4.jpg

Message 14 of 19
KarmusDK
Apprentice

Betreff: LTE 4x4 MIMO outdoor antenna

Stop deleting my posts.

Message 15 of 19
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

Here's my device MR1100-100EUS capable for 4 external antennas. Please do not ask how to do what, because I cannot comment exact details.

Mr1100_100EUS_MOD.JPG

Message 16 of 19
Jensmobile
Aspirant

Finally, I got to know why the 4*4 MIMO means. Why netgear just left two antenna slots for the Nighthawk M1, the antenna recommendation here are all for two connector antenna at https://www.store4g.com/blog/netgear-nighthawk-m1-mr1100-external-antenna/

Anyone have the tutorial to install a 4*4 MIMO antenna?

Message 17 of 19
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Jensmobile,

Please refer to the link below and let me know if this works for you. :]

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Mobile-Routers-Hotspots-Modems/M1-antenna-setup/td-p/1538201

- Jason N

Message 18 of 19
KenethL
Aspirant

use this link it will help you found out what the max LTE throuphput would be on each band. 

https://www.cellmapper.net/4G-speed

Message 19 of 19
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7