× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Laptop doesn't see Nighthawk M1 intermittently.

Seandy
Aspirant

Laptop doesn't see Nighthawk M1 intermittently.

Hi

My Dell laptop (Win10) sometimes sees my (Telstra)  M1 when I start up, sometimes doesn't; restart  M1 and laptop sometimes helps. Sometimes it sees the M1, I open Chrome OK and see a web page then it stops seeing the M1 within minutes. Sometimes it sees the M1 OK and stays connected for hours. Currently seeing a dozen or so networks but not mine.

Always works OK if I tether.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

Model: MR1100|NIGHTHAWK M1
Message 1 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Laptop doesn't see Nighthawk M1 intermittently.

Hello @Seandy

Are you on the latest firmware? Is this wired or wirelessly? Are you able to connect to your M1 with your laptop wired to it? 

~Christian 

Message 2 of 3
JSchnee21
Virtuoso

Re: Laptop doesn't see Nighthawk M1 intermittently.

Sounds like an intermittant Wifi RF interference issue.  Do you ever have issues where you try to log into the SSID and you know you'ved used the correct wifi password, but you get a generic error like password incorrect?

Are you using 2.4GHz or 5.8Ghz?  If possible (assuming your laptop supports), disable 2.4Ghz, use only 5.8Ghz, 40Mhz, Long Range, with channel auto.  If its not possible to turn off 2.4Ghz all together, then at least set the SSID's to be different networks.  if you must use 2.4Ghz, use 20Mhz, Long, and choose a channel (1, 6, or 11) with the least interference.

Also check to make sure your laptop isn't putting the wifi to sleep to save power.

Certainly use USB or Ethernet tethering if possible -- but Wifi should work fine (mine does).

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US)
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7