× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Lb1120 - antenna needed, any proactive suggestions for upkeep or tuning?

Pbodypeng1
Follower

Lb1120 - antenna needed, any proactive suggestions for upkeep or tuning?

Hi --

Firstly, I want to say "thanks" to Netgear for being what seems to be one of the only tech manufacturers who recognized the need for a simple solution utilizing mobile LTE. Many of us out here -- for whatever reason -- rely on LTE mobile as a main form of internet. The number of items out there that just plain miss the mark making a LTE connection easily and simply available to wired ethernet equipment is shameful. This product (with a little finagling) does the trick perfectly. I'm so relieved -- after looking and having to return so many useless items that didnt quite do what was promised or offer a solid solution? Well, honestly, was nearly the point of real frustration. So, thanks.

On that note --

I have a solid connection now, after intermittent loss when I first started the unit. I determined that it was because I had it in router mode, hooked up to my wifi router, rather than bridge. It's only broken connection once since -- holds strong now otherwise.

Are there any settings I might want to look at, though, to make the connection even more stable and reliable? I have it hooked up to a WNR2500 for wifi, and an additional network switch from there for other equipment.

Also:

I'm only getting about two to three bars. And the speed feels like it could be a bit better. I'm totally open to mounting it in an optimal location here, but...would an antenna help?

Thanks again, Netgear. And I appreciate the advice forthcoming from other users.
Model: LB1120|4G LTE Modem
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7