× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Lm1200 WiFi red light

CheyenneS
Aspirant

Lm1200 WiFi red light

I bought a byop SIM card from straight talk and got the 55$ plan for unlimited data on it, it gave me a new phone number for the device so I’m assuming it’s been properly set up unless I needed to go thru a different plan and not a phone plan that had data included because it’s not changing from a red light to give me access to WiFi.

Edit to add: connected Ethernet port to my computer and the page that pulled up after signing in just says “mobile broadband disconnected” and will try to connect and never will. Light stays red thru the whole process.
Message 1 of 14
TA89
Aspirant

I'm having the exact same issue! Have you come up with any solution?
Message 2 of 14
CheyenneS
Aspirant

Not yet! I just bought a router today and connected it, so my computer, phone, ect have no problem recognizing it as a WiFi opportunity to connect to, but when connected it claims it doesn’t have any internet. I know my straight talk purchase went thru and works, so I’m not sure why it’s acting like it doesn’t have any data to go thru?
Message 3 of 14
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @CheyenneS

We'll make sure that we have Internet connection straight from the LM1200. Please bypass first the router and connect a computer to the LM1200 LAN Port. Can it go online? 

If so, reconnect the WiFi router. Connect the Ethernet cable to LM1200 LAN Port and WiFi router WAN/Internet Port. 

If not, kindly contact your Internet provider and ask for the APN settings. Then login to LM1200 settings page and add the APN settings. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 4 of 14
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @TA89

Can you please let us know what troubleshooting you've tried?

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 5 of 14
Shugmer0817
Aspirant

How did you get it to activate? It won't let me connect the SIM.
Message 6 of 14
Mrssalvatore
Aspirant

I had to change the APN. For AT&T it’s TFDATA.

This worked perfectly for almost a week and now I can’t get an internet connection. Straight talk says it’s all good on their end. Any advice?
Message 7 of 14
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Mrssalvatore

Please describe the LM1200 LED status (power, Ethernet LAN, Ethernet WAN, and Signal Strength). 

Although Straight talk says it is all good on their end, kindly verify with them to check if you have the right data plan for your device.

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 8 of 14
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

For all data connection issue, please make sure you set the APN correctly. LM1200 includes auto APN configurations for most of US carriers, but some MVNOs, it is hard to cover all of MVNOs.

Thanks

John

Message 9 of 14
Mrssalvatore
Aspirant

So I figured it out and I didn’t fully activate. But now I’m having a new issue. My netgear lm1200 modem keeps disconnecting from the internet. I have to remove the plug from my router and plug it into my computer to manually connect the modem to the internet. This happens almost hourly so far today.
Message 10 of 14
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Please capture a model.json file and send the private message to me to check.

- Logon to the webui (http://192.168.5.1 ) as an administrator
- Navigate to URL http://192.168.5.1/model.json via the same browser window
- Capture the results (by selecting all + copy) and send it back

@Mrssalvatore wrote:
So I figured it out and I didn’t fully activate. But now I’m having a new issue. My netgear lm1200 modem keeps disconnecting from the internet. I have to remove the plug from my router and plug it into my computer to manually connect the modem to the internet. This happens almost hourly so far today.

Message 11 of 14
devan_b
Aspirant

For months my lm1200s worked but the one which self updated to activate failover no longer connects.

T mobile service. I repeatedly enter my APN but it doesnt save the profile although it reports it does.

Please help, this is a remote location I am leaving soon.
Message 12 of 14
devan_b
Aspirant

I got this working after enabling diagnostics. no idea why
Message 13 of 14
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Please do a factory reset after upgrading to 2-port release. It may help to resolve some unexpected issues.

Thanks

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7