× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Lost connection to AC791L Display and Admin Page

DLWhite
Aspirant

Lost connection to AC791L Display and Admin Page

Hello,

My AC791L Verizon Jetpack stays plugged in 99% of the time. Lately I've noticed that, after a period of time, the display won't illuminate and the admin page becomes inaccessable even though the hotspot remains connected and is still providing wifi signal.

I am able to reset the device by removing and re-inserting the battery. Afterwards, the display works and I can access the admin page for about 24-48 hours. Then the display stops working and the admin page won't load.

The firmware of this unit is version 02.08.59.00. I have owned this Jetpack for a little over 2 years and have replaced the battery once. After it's been plugged in for a while, the battery heats up and does not hold a full charge. To remedy this, I unplug the unit for 12 hours or so and the battery will recharge completely.

Can you tell me why I lose connection with the admin page and the display on the jetpack won't illuminate even though it remains connected to cell service and still appears to be "on".

Thanks for your advice,

DLWhite

Message 1 of 6
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Lost connection to AC791L Display and Admin Page

Hi DLWhite,

I had a question. If your device is plugged in 99% of the time, do you leave the battery in also? If so, then I can see the device might be over heating if your battery is left charged while it is up for 24-48 hours.

Please let me know. :]

- Jason N

Message 2 of 6
DLWhite
Aspirant

Hi, Jason.

Yes, the battery is in the jetpack while it is plugged in; I don't think the AC791L will function without the battery, will it?

Anyway, when I remember to unplug it overnight, I retain access to the admin page and the display lights consistently. So my problem may very well be that the battery is overheating.

Thanks for your reply!

Delia

Message 3 of 6
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi DLWhite,

It's not good to leave the battery fully charged on the charger. I earlier models work with the battery out but you just have to leave it plugged into the charger.

Can you try this setup and see if it works for you?

Please let me know. :]

- Jason N

Message 4 of 6
DLWhite
Aspirant

Hi, Jason.

The AC791L does not work without the battery. 😞 I guess I just need to unplug it for a little while each day. Thanks again for your help.

D

Message 5 of 6
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

HI DLWhite,

I'm sorry the option I provided did not work. I'm glad you found a work around for this issue. I will update you if I find anything.

Thank you again for your question. :]

- Jason N

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7