× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

M1 MR1100 traffic stats / usage data SOAP API calls

Wintrmute
Aspirant

M1 MR1100 traffic stats / usage data SOAP API calls

Hi,

I'm trying to retrieve the current data usage / traffic statistics from my Netgear M1 MR1100 (AU) via the API, so I can automate some behaviour.

(ie. cutting off the internet to devices once my data quota is exceeded, as otherwise the excess data fees can be $600/hour)

I found some info online about the SOAP API, and I'm able to use the SOAP API at /soap/sa_server/ to authenticate, and check which devices are connected to the router -- but the traffic stats endpoint just returns "501:Unsupported Action".

I guess the name of the endpoint has changed since earlier Netgear routers.

Can anyone please advise where the equivalent of urn:NETGEAR-ROUTER:service:DeviceConfig:1#GetTrafficMeterStatistics has moved?

Cheers!

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (AU)
Message 1 of 4
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: M1 MR1100 traffic stats / usage data SOAP API calls

Hi Wintrmute,

Thank you for posting in the community. I was wondering if your issue has been resolved.

If not, then can you please PM me with your firmware // PRI # // Sku # // etc. to me. 

What troubleshooting have you done? 

Please provide your contact information. 

Please be detailed as I will be forwarding this to my internal team for further assistance. :]

- Jason N

Message 2 of 4
Wintrmute
Aspirant

Hi JasonN,

My issue has not been resolved.

I cannot see traffic statistics via the Genie app, nor via the SOAP API.

Really I only want to see them via the SOAP API, but if you can make the Genie app work, then that should fix the SOAP API too.

Troubleshooting: I checked that I was on the latest firmware version. I checked to see if I could see traffic stats in Genie App, but that did not work either.

Device: Nighthawk M1 MR1100

Firmware: NTG9X50C_10.25.01.01

PRI: 03.22

SKU: Umm, something like MR1100-TLAUS?

Cheers!

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (AU)
Message 3 of 4
Romanmir
Aspirant

Any word on this?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements