× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

M1 Mobile Hotspot Router Firmware Issue Question

121940kz
Aspirant

M1 Mobile Hotspot Router Firmware Issue Question

Hello, just curious if others have had issues with the M1 LTE mobile hotspot router randomly changing the ethernet standby back to 2 minutes? What I think is happening is that it might be doing this after an auto update of the firmware, and if so this is a serious problem that needs resolved ASAP.

We have 2 of these in remote locations and they run security cameras and it's imperative they stay accessible. I had to drive 2 hours 1 way today, just to change a setting that takes 1 minute to change.

This is a serious flaw and our systems will be running great for 6 months, and then bam all of a sudden stop. This is the 2nd time this has happened and I need someone at netgear to be aware.

Has anyone else had a similar issue with ethernet standby switching back?

Thanks
Message 1 of 4
Matth118
Guide

Re: M1 Mobile Hotspot Router Firmware Issue Question

I had this issue when I first got the hotspot. I ended up running it as a modem with DHCP off. Had another router between the hotspot and my devices. I noticed by running it like this, it prevented standby because the second router was always checking in with the hotspot. I think I had to factory reset it a few times and mess with the settings to get it to work reliably. 

Message 2 of 4
121940kz
Aspirant

I think I might call netgear support on this one, but I'm not holding my breath that I will get anywhere with it. It would need to travel a lot higher than the support people I can reach..
Message 3 of 4
Matth118
Guide

I had an issue with this router dropping the internet connection. Netgear support was extremely unhelpful. The were unable to assist me in the slightest bit, other than telling me to do a factory reset. It is to the point where I hope a competitor will release a mobile hotspot as an alternative to the M1. I refuse to buy any future netgear products due to the horrible customer service.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7