× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

M1 only connecting HSPA , won't connect to Band 17 LTE

sonicspeedway
Aspirant

M1 only connecting HSPA , won't connect to Band 17 LTE

Screen Shot 2018-02-19 at 6.48.24 PM.pngbf232349-ea49-4b9a-a22c-15407c85c687.JPGScreen Shot 2018-02-19 at 6.59.56 PM.pngHello all, I just recieved my AT&T M1 Nighthawk today, firmware up to date, and I'm having problems getting LTE on it. It will connect HSPA_Plus as shown above but Band 17 LTE is available here as my iphone is connected to it as seen in the test mode screenshot. I can go into Advanced Settings>Cellular and set it to LTE ALL and it just stays disconnected and shows this status "3rd image" which shows trying to connect to band 5 instead of 17. Not sure whats going on unless at&t need to provision something or other.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US)
Message 1 of 4
sonicspeedway
Aspirant

Re: M1 only connecting HSPA , won't connect to Band 17 LTE

bump

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US)
Message 2 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Have you asked AT&T?

If you turn mobile data off on your phone (just for testing) does that make any difference?

Band 17 is not listed as a supported band on the AT&T Nighthawk M1 Datasheet. So if that's the only Band of LTE you can get you're going to be stuck with a slower connection at that location.

Message 3 of 4
sonicspeedway
Aspirant

Ahh that makes sense, I'll contact at&t and see if I can return it and Ill keep sim card active and order me a second hand Unite Pro 781s which shows LTE 700Mhz support.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7