× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

M2

ybuiti67b76
Aspirant

M2

I have a Netgear M2 which I purchased from EE business and cannot update the firmware. 

Nighthawk M2
Hardware Version: 1.0
Firmware Version: NTGX24_10.13.09.00
Modem Version: SDX24_10.21.01.01
GUI Version: MR2100-1EEEUS_04.02.115.00
PRI Version: 03.01
Firmware Build Date: 2019/05/17

According to this post https://community.netgear.com/t5/Mobile-Routers-Hotspots-Modems/Netgear-Nighthawk-M2-Firmware-Downlo... putting in a Vodafone sim should allow us to check for an update but this does not work. It first says no new updates and then a subsequent check will leave it hanging on "checking...".

What can I do to get this updated? I'm experiencing random reboots and reboot loops without the battery in while it is connected via a quickcharge 3.0 port. It happens rarely but when it does it can take 5-10 minutes to get out of that loop. Putting the battery in immediately resolves the issue.

Why is the latest firmware not available for my device? Why doesn't Netgear make it available for download through their website?

Model: MR2100|Mobiler Router Nighthawk M2
Message 1 of 7
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: M2

Hi @ybuiti67b76

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

We are currently looking into this. Please check you inbox. I have sent you instruction how to capture logs. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 7
ybuiti67b76
Aspirant

Hello, log files were sent but it's been a month since I've heard anything - could I please get an update?

Message 3 of 7
ybuiti67b76
Aspirant

It's been 4 months since I've heard back from anyone. Where is the support?

Model: MR2100|Mobiler Router Nighthawk M2
Message 4 of 7
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @ybuiti67b76

Some carriers block the port used by NTP and this prevents the device from getting the correct time. Without the correct time, the device can't connect to the firmware update server.  

We are working on the fix on the FW to resolve the NTP blocking issue. 

A workaround is to enable data offloading so that the device can connect to NTP. Then the upgrade can be done.

Related thread: 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Mobile-Routers-Hotspots-Modems/Nighthawk-MR2100-M2-Firmware-no-long...

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 5 of 7
W1lliam
Virtuoso

if M2 is the only path to Internet, what user can do with data offload? It is making difficulty for users to upgrade for not releasing firmware file but only OTA.

Message 6 of 7
ybuiti67b76
Aspirant

3 years later this is still an issue.

I have tried to do data offloading and no updates are available. Version is still: NTGX24_10.13.09.00

Can someone please advise?

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7