× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: M2100 external hard drive support

Craigp77
Follower

M2100 external hard drive support

Hi all,

I haver a M2100 and want to use its claimed media sharing ablity. catch is i can only seam to get usb drives 64Gb or smaller to work on NTFS format. Can anyone verifiy what works on these useless boxes? i understand that only the usb 2 plug is enabled for sharing even thoiught they have usb c.

I have tried several differne branded 2Tb usb drives plus ab brand new Scandisk 500Gb SSD, none work. All drives keep coming up NTFS (Compressed - which is standed for the last decade)

Does the expensive and claimed high end M2 support NTFS compression or not? issues is i use mac's and the paid software that writes the NTFS drives doesn't have an option ot turn it off, when i asked IT people they blankly said why would you disable compression in this day and age then stated the the M2 must use very old and outdated systems.

Getting frustrated and is the big reason i don't normally use retail showy equimpent, they are rubbish. 

Model: MR2100|Mobiler Router Nighthawk M2
Message 1 of 2
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: M2100 external hard drive support

Hi @Craigp77

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Nighthawk MR2100 mobile router supports the following file system types for full read/write access:
FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, HFS, and HFS+.

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7