× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

MBRN3000 Block Services feature malfunctioning

Johanvanvuren
Aspirant

MBRN3000 Block Services feature malfunctioning

When I block a service on my MBRN3000 on any IP address it affects all my IP addresses and devices on my network, not just the IP address or range that I specify. Furthermore it seems like it blocks all ports, so even if I enable the feature for one IP and one port it locks down all my IP addresses on all ports. I verified this by looking at the Logs. To remove the blocks I have to do a factory reset or load a previous config. Simply deleting the rule doesn't remove it. Any body else with this issue or with a sollution?

Message 1 of 3
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: MBRN3000 Block Services feature malfunctioning

How are the IP's issued, are you using address reservations? Does the trusted IP work.

Message 2 of 3
Johanvanvuren
Aspirant

Re: MBRN3000 Block Services feature malfunctioning

Yes my IPs are issued with address reservation, and I have the DHCP server running on 192.168.0.160-199. I want to block services on the IP addresses issued by the DHCP server (160-199) But when I set up my rule like that, or even just on one address. All my traffic gets blocked across all ports. Im not sure what you mean with trusted IPs, I assume you mean the ones I reserved. Thanx for your reply!
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7