× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

MIMO on the nighthawk M1

MicW
Luminary

MIMO on the nighthawk M1

Does anyone know if there is a way to tell if the nighthawk M1 is making a MIMO connection? I have 2x external antenna connected , but so far I'm seeing identical connection as a single external antenna.

Model: MR1100|NIGHTHAWK M1
Message 1 of 3
William10a
Master

Re: MIMO on the nighthawk M1

Here is the spec sheet of the device https://www.netgear.com/images/datasheet/mobile/MR1100.pdf

The device will only use two antenna sets at a time no there none of mu-mimo features like a big router this is a hot point.

The connection would be just like a standard entry router.

Message 2 of 3
MicW
Luminary

Re: MIMO on the nighthawk M1

Hi William10a

sorry for the late response, and thank you for the answer. The actual antenna I was refering too were the the external antenna to connect to the mobile tower not the wifi antenna. The manual does say that the M1 supports 4x4 MIMO on the external antenna ports, I was just curious if there was any indication that it was using the feature. I have a MIMO external antenna on my roof now connected, and testing just one compared to the 2 does give me a 50% boost outside of the towers congested time, so I guess that is an indication or sorts

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7