× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

MR 1100-100

WKC
Aspirant
Aspirant

MR 1100-100

Dear community, Please help! I try to install a new mobile simcard of Vodafone onto my MR1100-100 netgear M1. I enter the pin of the simcard, it works but when I switch the router or app off, and switch the netgear router on again, it has lost the password PIN of the simcard. Where can I make the router remember the password?? Or make it switch off the pin verification? I am desperate, because it needs to work for my job early mondaymorning. Thank you so much!

Model: MR1100|NIGHTHAWK M1
Message 1 of 4
WKC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Re: MR 1100-100

I found in the menu sim security that I need to fill in a Sim Pin to turn off/ deactivate the pin lock. They also ask for a 4 - 8 digit code to unlock your sim. What do they mean by the digit code? What is that? Where is it from and where can i find it? 

Model: MR1100|NIGHTHAWK M1
Message 2 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello @WKC,

1. Do you still require assistance? When the router or app is turned off, you must enter a SIM PIN each time you power on the mobile router. This rule only applies if you have enabled SIM security. 

2. Before the device prompted for a 4 - 8 digit code, did you enter the incorrect PIN 3+ times? If so, the SIM is blocked and you would need to contact your service provider to unblock the SIM. 

~Christian 

Message 3 of 4
JSchnee21
Virtuoso

Hi WKC,

Sorry, help me understand.  I know you have a SIM from Vodaphone.  But what carrier is your MR1100 from ?  Is it the USA version (AT&T), the Austrialian version, European version, or the Kuwait version?

Is the device locked to the carrier (aka AT&T) and you need to get an unlock code from the carrier first, in order to use your SIM from Vodaphone?

-Jonathan

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US)
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7