× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: MR100 won’t connect to my Orbi

jtraylorsr
Tutor

MR100 won’t connect to my Orbi

I followed the directions for putting my MR1100 into bridge mode (select ip pass through, deselect dynamic ip, and turn off Ethernet timeout) and everything saved. When I hooked it to the Ethernet port on my orbi router there was no internet service from the orbi. Is there something else that has to be done? The mr1100is not strong enough to cover my large house so I need to get this to work. Any help is appreciated. John
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
bigblue1
Tutor

Super! Glad you got things working.

Rob

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
bigblue1
Tutor

I have a similar setup except that I connect my MR1100 to an ASUS router and my Deco mesh is connected to the ASUS router. I have bridging set to passthrough but left DHCP and timeout alone. Not sure why the timeout isn't a problem but it works and I'm not changing it. Maybe this info will get you pointed in the right direction. Note that my MR1100 is an AT&T branded unit.

Message 2 of 7
jtraylorsr
Tutor

Thanks. I’ll try that!
Message 3 of 7
jtraylorsr
Tutor

I tried your suggestion but it did not help. Still can’t get the mr1100 to pass through data to the internet connection on my orbi. The mr1100 just doesn’t have the Wi-Fi coverage for my large house. Need to be able to port to my orbi. Any one else getting this to work??

Thanks,
John
Message 4 of 7
bigblue1
Tutor

Do you have an ethernet-capable device you can connect to the MR1100 to figure out whether it is the output of the MR1100 or the settings of your Orbi as the problem? Like a desktop or laptop computer? If one of those would work with the MR1100 then it's likely to be the Orbi that needs to be reconfigured. I don't know exactly what that would be but at least you can narrow things down.

You could also try turning bridging mode off and see if that changes anything.

I assume you've connected a device to the MR1100 via wi-fi already to confirm that it is actually making a valid upstream connection?

Message 5 of 7
jtraylorsr
Tutor

Thanks for your suggestion about placing a device downstream from the modem but before the router.  When I did this I could get internet.  I then hooked it back up to the orbi - no internet.  I opened the settings on the orbi and where it was set to ppoe it had the box checked for "password required" (this was needed for my dsl modem - it was no longer needed for the cellular modem).  I unchecked the box and everything worked.  Thanks for your suggestion.  I would have never looked at the orbi if you had not have suggested that.

John

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 6 of 7
bigblue1
Tutor

Super! Glad you got things working.

Rob

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies