× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

MR1100-1TFUKS Firmware

Serjio_k
Tutor

MR1100-1TFUKS Firmware

hi all!

where i can get firmware update for my MR1100-1TFUKS?

Last version for 1TFUKS is 12.06.03.00 and for other models - 12.06.11.00 

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
Serjio_k
Tutor

Re: MR1100-1TFUKS Firmware

official Support's answer:

The latest firmware which you are requesting to update (12.06.11.00) is not available for MR1100-1TFUKS . It is only applicable for NAS and EUS SKU versions.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9

All Replies
ROBSOUTO1993
Tutor

I have this exact problem, every other model of MR1100 as an available firmware update except this one.

I am suffering from all of the well documented issues with 12.06.03 firmware, eg high battery drain, constant battery heat warnings, mobile internet disconnects itself after a signal blip, and the device performs random reboots whenever it wants and refuses to work for more than an hour without the battery connected.

Never mind that I never asked the device to update in the first place, it did it automatically, was working fine untill 12.06.03 update!

Netgear this is just not acceptable.

To release a bad firmware is forgivable, it happens, to not to update it for months/years is poor, but forgivable as these things can be hard. 

To release updated firmware that solve the problems created by the old firmware, and to then only make it available for CERTAIN MODELS of MR1100, is not forgivable.

Why can I not just upgrade the firmware manually to the EUS version?

Surely there can't be any hardware differences between the models?

Can someone please present me with a solution to update my MR1100-1TFUKS to version 12.06.11 from version 12.06.03?

If there is no solution I will bin it and buy something from Huawei that works, my current firmware is beyond a joke.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 2 of 9
ROBSOUTO1993
Tutor

@JohnPeng Are you able to help with this please ?

@ROBSOUTO1993 wrote:

I have this exact problem, every other model of MR1100 as an available firmware update except this one.

I am suffering from all of the well documented issues with 12.06.03 firmware, eg high battery drain, constant battery heat warnings, mobile internet disconnects itself after a signal blip, and the device performs random reboots whenever it wants and refuses to work for more than an hour without the battery connected.

Never mind that I never asked the device to update in the first place, it did it automatically, was working fine untill 12.06.03 update!

Netgear this is just not acceptable.

To release a bad firmware is forgivable, it happens, to not to update it for months/years is poor, but forgivable as these things can be hard. 

To release updated firmware that solve the problems created by the old firmware, and to then only make it available for CERTAIN MODELS of MR1100, is not forgivable.

Why can I not just upgrade the firmware manually to the EUS version?

Surely there can't be any hardware differences between the models?

Can someone please present me with a solution to update my MR1100-1TFUKS to version 12.06.11 from version 12.06.03?

If there is no solution I will bin it and buy something from Huawei that works, my current firmware is beyond a joke.

Have seen you help on other posts and Im praying for anything I can get at this point, I want to smash my MR1100 with a hammer.

Message 3 of 9
Serjio_k
Tutor

official Support's answer:

The latest firmware which you are requesting to update (12.06.11.00) is not available for MR1100-1TFUKS . It is only applicable for NAS and EUS SKU versions.

Message 4 of 9
ROBSOUTO1993
Tutor

@Serjio_k  that is a joke right ? There is no information from Netgear to suggest that they even have different MR1100 models available....so to penailse some users for not having model X or Y seems plain unreasonable!

Message 5 of 9
Serjio_k
Tutor

@ROBSOUTO1993 

Unfortunately, it's not a joke 😞

Message 6 of 9
ROBSOUTO1993
Tutor

@Serjio_k have you seen this way to manually flash your firmware to the generic version ?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Mobile-Routers-Hotspots-Modems/MR1100-Firmware-Update/m-p/1822354

Have just followed this myself, and now running 12.06.11 🙂

F U netgear for selectively providing updates and making it this hard to get around!

Message 7 of 9
ROBSOUTO1993
Tutor

credit to @Mrblazed for being a top notch bloke and all round legend for

@ROBSOUTO1993 wrote:

@Serjio_k have you seen this way to manually flash your firmware to the generic version ?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Mobile-Routers-Hotspots-Modems/MR1100-Firmware-Update/m-p/1822354

Have just followed this myself, and now running 12.06.11 🙂

F U netgear for selectively providing updates and making it this hard to get around!

providing this solution

Message 8 of 9
Foozberry
Aspirant

Can you say why this update is not available?
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7