× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: MR1100 24/7/365 duty cycle for Nighthawk M1

phillm12
Aspirant

MR1100 24/7/365 duty cycle for Nighthawk M1

This device tells me to remove the charge cable once the battery is 100%

Can I ignore this and just leave the cable attached and powered up, I need to have remote access to this device 24 hours a day, 7 days a week all year round?

I guess I could just remove the battery, but then there would be no back up power.

Your help or advise is appreciated.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
UK-based
Luminary

Please see this post that covers the same question. There is also a link at the end of my post that explains how to run the M1 reliably without a battery and also deals with the possible use of a UPS to cover mains power failures. There's a lot of information if you follow the links and read all of the related posts.

I hope this answers your question Smiley Wink.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
UK-based
Luminary

Please see this post that covers the same question. There is also a link at the end of my post that explains how to run the M1 reliably without a battery and also deals with the possible use of a UPS to cover mains power failures. There's a lot of information if you follow the links and read all of the related posts.

I hope this answers your question Smiley Wink.

Message 2 of 3
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Phillm12,

As to leaving the battery in at 100% and charging could reduce the lifespan of your battery.

Which is mentioned in UK-based's links that was posted.

Thank you for the help on this UK-based! :]

- Jason N

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7