× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

MR1100 (5DM183NP0545E)

jfranz
Follower

MR1100 (5DM183NP0545E)

Would the Nighhawk MR1100 mobil hot spot be compatible with a web power switch to remotely restart the router in the event of a power outage.  I use the MR 1100 to run my Arlo cameras in a remote area in Michigan? 

Model: MR1100|NIGHTHAWK M1
Message 1 of 2
JSchnee21
Virtuoso

Re: MR1100 (5DM183NP0545E)

Hi jfranz,

If I understand what you are asking, the MR1100 should already do this.  For example, I have the AT&T Gen1 version of the product (March 2018).  When I connect the USB C connector to charge it (Using Anker QC3 charger -- highly recommend), the device turns on automatically when power is supplied.  I find this super annoying as I have to wait for it to boot and then turn it off again with the stupid "soft power" switch.  But it sounds like this is exactly what you want.

Just leave it plugged in with the battery installed.  When power is lost it will run on battery.  When power is restored it will charge and stay on.  If battery runs dead, when power is restored it will turn on, reboot, and charge.  Or, you could do the same with no battery if you do not need to run when power is lost.

So no additional hardware / switch would be required.  But I do recommend you buy a decent QC3 charger ($24-36) and use that instead of the crappy charger it comes with.  Many of us have had issues running on AC only under heavy network load with spontaneous reboots when the low output charger in the box is used.

-Jonathan

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US)
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7