× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

MR1100 - Can it charge and operate from a 900ma power source?

AnthonyJB
Aspirant

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: MR1100 - Can it charge and operate from a 900ma power source?

It's recommended to keep the power source to spec as listed on the power adapter. 

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Mobile Router products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with mobile routers and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Mobile-Routers-Hotspots-Modems/bd-p/aircard
Thank you

Message 2 of 4
AnthonyJB
Aspirant

The specs of the MR1100 do not indicate minumal power needs.  I will be powering from another device because using the plugin power supply is not an option in my application.  the power source I have available is rated at 900ma.  It seems to be working fine, but I would like to know what the MR1100 nominal current need is.  The power for a Rapid Charge is not needed for my apllication.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

I would post about this over in the mobile routers forum. Hopefully someone there may know. 

If the unit is working as expected from your power source then it would be all thats needed. I don't believe we have or there is detailed information on power draw and specs between nominal and rapid charge. I presume the unit handles this automatically. 

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7