× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

MR1100 Disconnecting from Router Periodically

grthomps
Follower

MR1100 Disconnecting from Router Periodically

Hi All,

I have an MR1100 Nighthawk mobile router connected to an Orbi RBR50 via Ethernet. I have the battery for the MR1100 removed and a more powerful brick (3 amp) connected to the USB. This is the primary internet connection for my house. 

I have what I'd call a fair signal. There will be periodic disconnects as the tower is a fair distance from my house. My carrier is AT&T and I'm on their unlimited plan.

The problem I'm having is that the MR1100 disconnects periodically and the only way to wake it is to do one of the following:

- Go into the phone app or browser and reboot it.

- Physically unplug it and plug it back in

- Go into the phone app or browser and turn off Domestic Data and then turn it back on.

The disconnects happen multiple times during the day. It seems that if it's not used for a period of time it disconnects. I have no issue with that, it's just that it won't wake up or reconnect when new internet traffic comes along.

These solutions are quite annoying while I'm there. It also means that I can't use any internet connected devices from the house outside of my house effectively. 

Here are the settings I've enabled to connect the MR1100 to the Orbi:

- IP Passthru enabled

- DHCP disabled

- Tethering disabled

- Use USB port for charging only

- Ethernet standby disabled

On the Orbi the only thing I changed was the router address to 192.168.0.1 so that I can access the MR1100 separately from the Orbi.

Is there any other setting that can keep Nighthawk connected, or wake it up if there is traffic after it goes to sleep? 

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 3
Bezer
Aspirant

Re: MR1100 Disconnecting from Router Periodically

Hi, i am having simular  setup has yourself,   M1 over ethernet to my repeater which  is netgear rax 200,

issues i have  on m1  it dissconnects  about  2  Times a day usually ,always  Disconnects usually over night,  tried different plug and cable but continues to disconnect regardles, i hoping like you that someone on here will point us both in theright direction To resolve 

Message 2 of 3
gyruss
Aspirant

Re: MR1100 Disconnecting from Router Periodically

The problem you have is discussed in this link.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7