× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: MR1100 (EE) — Nighthawk M1 Mobile Broadband Router factory reset removed Arlo as an option?

metime
Star

MR1100 (EE) — Nighthawk M1 Mobile Broadband Router factory reset removed Arlo as an option?

t been on a support call for 2 hours with Arlo as the Arlo app no longer sees my M1 Mobile router (on EE in UK). They could not understand why it was not working so suggested i reset to factory setting the M1. I have just done that and the option to swith on Arlo has vanished, I have checked last fimrware update here https://www.netgear.com/support/product/MR1100EE.aspx#Firmware%20Version%2012.06.03.00 and this IS the current version I have installed on the router. Where the hell has the option to enable Arlo gone?

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 4
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: MR1100 (EE) — Nighthawk M1 Mobile Broadband Router factory reset removed Arlo as an option?

Hi @metime

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

For any Arlo related concerns, kindly post or create a thread at https://community.arlo.com

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 4
metime
Star

Thanks, but this is not Arlo related. It’s netgear hardware. And Arlo no longer is even an option in the gui since factory resetting!
So I see this as a Netgear issue. If netgear has decided to remove Arlo option then I see this as an Netgear fault
Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

The mobile routers option is no longer available in the Arlo App device discovery. Figure...

Have not spotted a not in the MR1100 release notes, and the related KB entry does still exist why ever.

Aside, the Arlo support was removed from the other Netgear routers a longer time ago - key reason is the impact on the wireless performance and reliability - because Arlo does not use WiFi compliant timing to conserve power on the battery driven units for the communication between the non-WiFi devices and the Arlo Base Station resp. Arlo Smart Hub.

@Blanca_Oplease check the situation on the various MR1100 and ensure the release notes and the other documentation is updated? This part is really Netgear.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7