× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: MR1100 EUS FIRMWARE PROBLEM

slphelan
Tutor

MR1100 EUS FIRMWARE PROBLEM

I used the below guide to update my router it was successful only one problem.  I did not have a sim in the unit when I installed the firmware upgrade now every time I put a sim in the router I does a boot loop for 4-5 times then shuts down.  I cannot boot the router or turn it on without removing the battery power.  If no sim I can log in 192.1681.1 and see or make changes just cannot boot with sim.

Currently my router shows Firmware upgrade: NTG9X50C_10250101

APN changed for ATT to Telstrainternet

is there any newer firmware or solutions available that I can fix this issue?

I used the following info below to upgrade

Firmware LINK:

Re: MR1100 Firmware Update

:MR1100 Firmware Update

Download the newest generic firmware from the Netgear support site for your country (the routers country).
Download FDT.exe version 4.6.2.0. (You’ll have to Google)
Download AC78x Netgear drivers version 4.3.00
Download Putty
Put everything in the same folder
Install drivers
Connect MR1100 directly to computer with USB cable
Open putty, telnet into MR1100 ip address with port 5510
Run AT!BOOTHOLD
Close Putty
Open cmd, change directory prompt to where you downloaded everything to. Type ”FDT.exe insertfilename.secc.spk” and hit enter. Do not touch anything. If the command prompt tells you after “resetting device” that the upgrade failed, ignore it and let the MR1100 do its thing. It may look like it’s frozen, but it should finish and boot by itself after about 10 minutes.
Message 1 of 8
slphelan
Tutor

Resolved by installing the correct firmware. No speeding right along. Thanks
Message 2 of 8
jmatson
Aspirant

I am having trouble finding the drivers to download

Message 3 of 8
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @jmatson

MR1100-100EUS firmware download link: 

https://kb.netgear.com/000061731/MR1100-100EUS-Firmware-Version-12-06-11-00

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 4 of 8
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@slphelan wrote:

I used the below guide to update my router it was successful only one problem.  I did not have a sim in the unit when I installed the firmware upgrade now every time I put a sim in the router I does a boot loop for 4-5 times then shuts down.  I cannot boot the router or turn it on without removing the battery power.  If no sim I can log in 192.1681.1 and see or make changes just cannot boot with sim.

Currently my router shows Firmware upgrade: NTG9X50C_10250101

APN changed for ATT to Telstrainternet

is there any newer firmware or solutions available that I can fix this issue?

I used the following info below to upgrade

Firmware LINK:

Re: MR1100 Firmware Update

:MR1100 Firmware Update

Download the newest generic firmware from the Netgear support site for your country (the routers country).
Download FDT.exe version 4.6.2.0. (You’ll have to Google)
Download AC78x Netgear drivers version 4.3.00
Download Putty
Put everything in the same folder
Install drivers
Connect MR1100 directly to computer with USB cable
Open putty, telnet into MR1100 ip address with port 5510
Run AT!BOOTHOLD
Close Putty
Open cmd, change directory prompt to where you downloaded everything to. Type ”FDT.exe insertfilename.secc.spk” and hit enter. Do not touch anything. If the command prompt tells you after “resetting device” that the upgrade failed, ignore it and let the MR1100 do its thing. It may look like it’s frozen, but it should finish and boot by itself after about 10 minutes.

These are not the correct steps for end users to use. You are risking to brick your device and void your warranty.

Thanks

Message 5 of 8
flnsx
Aspirant

@JohnPeng  I have an AT&T unlocked M1100 and there is no way to upgrade the software in the UI.  The above is the ONLY way to do it. I have a right up update my M1 and Netgear is giving me no other way to do it.

Message 6 of 8
flnsx
Aspirant

@slphelanCould you please post a link to the update that worked for your M1? Thanks!

Message 7 of 8
slphelan
Tutor

The links in the guide worked but I had to go to netgear and download the software for my country.  The software listed in the guide is not for USA.  It was for Austraila if I remember correctlu

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7