× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: MR1100 Ethernet port will not connect

Jworle
Aspirant

MR1100 Ethernet port will not connect

Ethernet port was working when initially setting up, then then turned off, the blinkie light on my switch turned off for the port that was plugged into the MR1100, all the other devices were showing activity. I plugged another device into that port on the switch and it was working. I plugged the MR1100 into another port on the switch, no activity. I swapped cables between the MR1100 and the switch with a known good one, no life. I took the cable that was between the MR1100 and the switch, put between my laptop and that switch, it was fine.I then connected my laptop to the MR1100 directly and the laptop port shows no device connected in the device manager. I connected my laptop to another device using the same cable, and I was able to connect. I set the ethernet standby setting in the MR1100 to 2 minutes and disabled, both settigns act the same.

I'm suspecting a bad unit?

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Jworle
Aspirant

Thanks. It turned out that the original bad ethernet cable must have alrmed the router to turn off the port. I pulled the battery and the power cable then turned it back on, the port was alive again!

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

The quickest way to check is to connect your laptop directly to M1's ethernet port and see whether your laptop can get the connection or not.

Please make sure you power M1 with PA when using Ethernet port. If you connect M1 using USB cable to your computer, ethernet port will be turned off.

Thanks

Message 2 of 5
Sistermoon
Aspirant

Thats correct. i figured it out the hard way.  at first i thought my Ethernet port is broken, then i tried to the wall charger and it worked!

Something else i add...  Charger and Cable are very important. Specially if you dont want to use the battery inside. a 2.4 Amp charger with a high speed USB C cable.  I went with Anker Power port+. Even tho the charger was great i ws using it with a normal USB cable and when i rebooted the charger could not turn the device back on. But when i switched to the Ankerpower port cable. It fixed it.

Message 3 of 5
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Thanks for the information on the PA and USB cable used when using the device outout battery. We will check. This will help us to select the accessories for future products.

Regards

@Sistermoon wrote:

Thats correct. i figured it out the hard way.  at first i thought my Ethernet port is broken, then i tried to the wall charger and it worked!

Something else i add...  Charger and Cable are very important. Specially if you dont want to use the battery inside. a 2.4 Amp charger with a high speed USB C cable.  I went with Anker Power port+. Even tho the charger was great i ws using it with a normal USB cable and when i rebooted the charger could not turn the device back on. But when i switched to the Ankerpower port cable. It fixed it.

Message 4 of 5
Jworle
Aspirant

Thanks. It turned out that the original bad ethernet cable must have alrmed the router to turn off the port. I pulled the battery and the power cable then turned it back on, the port was alive again!
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7