× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

MR1100 IP Passthrough broken (possible bad AT&T FW update?)

acelis
Aspirant

MR1100 IP Passthrough broken (possible bad AT&T FW update?)

I've been having an issue with an MR1100 AT&T variant that I recieved as a demo where I can't put the device in bridge mode or "IP passthrough" as it's called in the device.  I might have caused the issue myself by updating the FW to NTG9X50C_10.20.05.02 as this seems to have been discussed on the AT&T forums (https://forums.att.com/t5/Other-Phones-Devices/Netgear-Nighthawk-M1-mr1100-Latest-Update/m-p/5365005).

I posted the following post there with the same issue (https://forums.att.com/t5/Other-Phones-Devices/Netgear-MR1100-does-not-work-with-IP-Passthrough-Enab...) and tried different combonations of reseting the device, putting it in IP passthrough with and without DHCP, DNS, etc enabled/disabled.  Called AT&T support and the rep suggested it was my wireless plan... yet he couldn't see it... so i seriously doubt it was that. 

I hate going to a different forum to ask for help, but I really have to try to get this working since my days are limited on this demo provided to me, and I'm not getting any help from AT&T. 

Anyone know a way to retrieve older firmware and downgrade the device to see if that's it? 

Any other thoughts, suggestions? 

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US)
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
acelis
Aspirant

Re: MR1100 IP Passthrough broken (possible bad AT&T FW update?)

Update:  Called Netgear support and they confirmed there is an issue with IP Passthrough on the MR1100 running FW 10.20.05.02.  There is apparently a queue of other people that have called about the same issue, and I have a case opened for them to call me back once a firmware fix is in place.  Unfortunately I have a feeling that won't be until after my demo expires. 

I wish Netgear would have made some sort of official statement or notice on the product support page... but oh well.

We'll see. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
acelis
Aspirant

Update:  Called Netgear support and they confirmed there is an issue with IP Passthrough on the MR1100 running FW 10.20.05.02.  There is apparently a queue of other people that have called about the same issue, and I have a case opened for them to call me back once a firmware fix is in place.  Unfortunately I have a feeling that won't be until after my demo expires. 

I wish Netgear would have made some sort of official statement or notice on the product support page... but oh well.

We'll see. 

Message 2 of 4
pcjackson06
Aspirant

Add me the queue.  Very annoyed.  Upgraded firmware, broken pass through.

Message 3 of 4
Brittrix
Aspirant

Same issue here. Enabling Pass-Thru mode (due to the fact that I have my own WI-FI router with its own DHCP), results in either the modem never coming back after the setup, or if it does eventually come back, it starts using a class A address (10.xxx.xxx.xxx) instead of the assigned class C address (192.168.1.xxx). Worse yet, it keeps changing its own address.

I simply want the MR1100 to act as a pure LTE modem, no DHCP, no WIFI, and no dynamic addressing.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US)
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7