× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: MR1100 M1 Nighthark Reboots andter Firmware Update

Al00000
Tutor

MR1100 M1 Nighthark Reboots andter Firmware Update

I've had this MR1100 for a couple of weeks and it has worked well.

I run it from the USB C, so I remove the battery, as recommended. I don't know why, in 2019, the battery should be removed.

It's just invited me to upgrade to Firmware NTG9X50C_12.06.07.00.

Since upgrading, it continuously reboots while tethered for power. If I insert the battery, it is fine.

From this, I deduce that the supplied power brick is not up to the Job.

I tried to downgrade the firmware to the only one available on the support site and it said that it was the wrong firmware. Presumably this really means that you can't downgrade.

I can see from the forum that reboots are a known problem. In my case, it is clear that it is fine on battery; but not when tether-powered.

I'm about to send it back.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Is it OK to leave the battery in while on mains power?

Thanks in advance.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
LTEGuy
Star

No issues with leaving the battery in.  The latest release will resolve a reset that some customers saw while running without the battery.  Also the latest release addreses charging and can now allow users to leave the battery in while plugged in.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
Oxygene
Apprentice

There is another update via 192.168.1.1

Message 2 of 5
LTEGuy
Star

the latest update will resovle the issue of running with and without the battery.  So best way to proceed would be to leave the battery in the M1 and select "Check for Updates".  Allow the update to occur and you can then continue to use the device with the battery left in the device.  Or remove it if you prefer, either will work fine.

Message 3 of 5
Al00000
Tutor

Thanks LTEGuy.

Can you please explain the deal with leaving the battery in, whilst on charge.

Is it bad to do this, or does it just shorten the battery like by a little bit.

It would be convenient just to leave it in; but it tells me to remove the power, when it is fully charged.

Message 4 of 5
LTEGuy
Star

No issues with leaving the battery in.  The latest release will resolve a reset that some customers saw while running without the battery.  Also the latest release addreses charging and can now allow users to leave the battery in while plugged in.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7