× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

MR1100 Manual Software update failed

flnsx
Aspirant

MR1100 Manual Software update failed

Hi Everyone. I have an AT&T branded Nighthawk with the B14 on the label. I am trying to manually upgrade the software using instructions @Mrblazed wrote up in another post. (See them at the bottom of THIS post)

I downloaded all the software and put it in a folder on my desktop (windows 10).

I installed the drivers (i'm not sure if the M1 is using them though). I used Putty to put it in boot hold. It was flashing blue and yellow after it restarted. Is this what its supposed to be doing?

I went into CMD and when I typed this info by hand FDT.exe insertfilename.secc.spk it errors out every time with this info below.

>>Specified image file does not exists
Firmware download failed - folder or file does not exist.
total time elapsed: 0 ms
Press enter to continue<<

Can anyone help me get this thing updated? Thanks!

------------------------

Download the newest generic firmware from the Netgear support site for your country (the routers country).

Download FDT.exe version 4.6.2.0. (You’ll have to Google)

Download AC78x Netgear drivers version 4.3.00

Download Putty

Put everything in the same folder
Install drivers
Connect MR1100 directly to computer with USB cable
Open putty, telnet into MR1100 ip address with port 5510

Run AT!BOOTHOLD
Close Putty
Open cmd, change directory prompt to where you downloaded everything to. Type ”FDT.exe insertfilename.secc.spk” and hit enter. Do not touch anything. If the command prompt tells you after “resetting device” that the upgrade failed, ignore it and let the MR1100 do its thing. It may look like it’s frozen, but it should finish and boot by itself after about 10 minutes.

Message 1 of 2
flnsx
Aspirant

Re: MR1100 Manual Software update failed

Got it to work. I missed a lowercase x in this super long thread.   MR1100-100EUS_23113509_NTG9x50C_12.06.11.00_00_Generic_10.03.secc

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7