× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: MR1100 Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router - WPS button missing from config page

buckwalter
Aspirant

MR1100 Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router - WPS button missing from config page

Firmware Version: NTG9X50C_12.06.21.00

Trying to pair repeater with hotspot using Firefox browser (78.9.0esr (64-bit)) in attwifimanager (192.168.1.1) in Settings->Setup->Wireless, but WPS button does not appear.  Anyone know why or another way I can get a repeater paired with the router?

thanks,

Rick

Message 1 of 6
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: MR1100 Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router - WPS button missing from config page

Hi @buckwalter

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Kindly try using WPS from the NETGEAR Mobile App. 

Here's a reference link:

[page 53]  https://www.netgear.com/images/InstallationGuide/mobile/MR1100ATT/MR1100ATT-USERS-MANUAL.pdf

May we please know the repeater's model number? 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 6
buckwalter
Aspirant

Hi Bianca,

Thanks for the response.  Downloaded the Netgear Mobile App and unfortunately the "WPS" button is absent in both 5 and 2.4 bands in this utility as well.  Oh, and the Model number is MR1100 (specified above).

thanks,

Rick

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 3 of 6
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @buckwalter

Thank you for responding, Rick! Let me check this with the product team. 

As I understand, you are trying to connect a repeater to the MR1100 using the WPS method. Is there an option on the repeater to scan for networks and enter the WiFi password? 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 4 of 6
buckwalter
Aspirant

Hi Bianca,

After posting, I did indeed pair the repeater to the hotspot via paired connection from my laptop to the repeater.  If ever, for some reason the repeater and the hotspot become unpaired, I would still like the convenience of the WPS option for the rest of my family.  Thanks!

Rick

Message 5 of 6
ChuzUThisDay
Aspirant

I am having the same issue with my MR1100 as well. I have tried from the mobile app as well as the web interface, but neither have the WPS button available. When I go to settings, I'm able to switch WPS on and off, but have no ability to actually use WPS.

I am also trying to connect a repeater to my MR1100 and do not have the ability.

Please fix this issue!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7