× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: MR1100 – Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router overheating and not charging

Flowchaser
Aspirant

MR1100 – Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router overheating and not charging

Hi community,

I am creating a new thread, as I saw a similar thread from 2y ago, but its solutions aren't working.

My router started since 2 days overheating and dropping the connection. Its display gives an overheat message, pointing that it cannot charge in this condition. Indeed, despite the router being connected to power, its battery shows super low!

Any ideas or solutions?

Thanks!

Egor

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 5
Priit
Initiate

If you're using it at home, then remove the battery, and use it without the battery, then check for updates. Old firmwares had overheating issue when battery is used while plugged in.

My firmware version is NTG9X50C_12.06.12.00
Message 2 of 5
Flowchaser
Aspirant

Thanks Priit

Indeed, I am using it at home - so removed the battery like you suggested and it worked fine first 10 hours or so, but then started overheating again.

The Firmware is always up to date - I've been checking it regularly, it seems to download and install it automatically..

Any other ideas? That's such a shame - such a neat looking and good device, I can't believe it suddenly went wrong just like that...

Egor

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 3 of 5
Priit
Initiate

If you are using WiFi feature, then choose 2.4ghz for higher range into other rooms or only 5ghz if need it only in the same room and then you can also change the range to be short.

If no need for WiFi or trying different settings didn't help, then disable it and consider buying a separate WiFi router.

I keep my router next to window for better signal, have WiFi 5ghz short-range selected, back cover removed for lower device temperature and made it to hang up in the air, because otherwise the bottom of the device gets too hot when I have too many file uploads running for many hours or if sunshine shines directly to the device.
Message 4 of 5
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Flowchaser

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

The links below may help out:

What do I do if my Netgear Mobile Hotspot/Router is not charging its battery to 100 percent?

Battery tips for AirCard Mobile Hotspots

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7