× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

MR1100 – Nighthawk M1 Prevent automatic redirect to configuration portal

KaaJee
Follower

MR1100 – Nighthawk M1 Prevent automatic redirect to configuration portal

Goodday,

Is there anyway I can prevent the M1 from redirecting me automatically to the router configuration portal login screen?

In my case that would be: http://m1login.net/index.html?redirect=1

I already tried to modify the DNS servers to manual, but I still get the behaviour that the Modem/Router redirects me to this page.

Background:
I have a mobile network setup with multiple network devices that I mainly use 'off-grid', but occasionaly need to connect to the WWW, either via LTE or WIFI offloading. Also other persons would be allowed to connect in some scenarios, but I don't want them to see the M1 configration portal ofcourse.

When I use my setup 'off-grid' and open Chrome or Edge, their 'internet detection' process kicks in, but as I am working 'off-grid', they cannot find the verification page and in the mean time the router redirects me to the configuration page.

Sometimes, Chrome and Edge get even 'stuck' on a state where it shows a notification that "network requires login" and a button to "connect", just like you see often on public wifi network login pages. But when you press the "connect" button in Edge and Chrome, nothing happens. When using Firefox, it can work, but only when you add a certificate warning exception.

So in summary: how can I turn off the redirect behaviour?

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7