× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: MR1100 Nighthawk Roaming Data Disabled

Cuarzo
Tutor

MR1100 Nighthawk Roaming Data Disabled

I have a new unlocked M1 nighthawk.  I purchased a data-only SIM card from Verizon.  I am getting the messages "Roaming Data Disabled" and "Mobile Broadband Disconnected" when I power on the device. 

On the app first screen (see image) the words "Cellular Data Off" appear in the upper right corner

What settings do I need to change:

APN Verizon

Network Mode Auto

Band Region LTE ALL

Domestic Data (on)

International Roaming (off)

Advanced Info Tab:

Roaming Yes

IP Address 0.0.0.0

Radio Band LTE B12

Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 10.57.50 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-19 at 10.56.11 AM.pngIMG_4538.jpg

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 8
Cuarzo
Tutor

addendum: 

the router will connect to a Verizon tower and flash blue when in range, but the moment the router is out of range of a Verizon tower (and in range of a U.S. Cellular LTE network for example) the light switches to amber and "Mobile Broadband Disconnected"

Message 2 of 8
schumaku
Guru

@Cuarzo wrote:

: the router will connect to a Verizon tower and flash blue when in range, but the moment the router is out of range of a Verizon tower (and in range of a U.S. Cellular LTE network for example) the light switches to amber and "Mobile Broadband Disconnected"

Can you usually use for example a U.S. Cellular LTE network using a Verizon SIM?

Usually "roaming" is international (see the screenshot provided above) when you are abroad.

Message 3 of 8
Cuarzo
Tutor

Thanks so much for your reply.  On my iPhone for example I have a T-Mobile data plan but when roaming in rural areas with no T-Mobile coverage it automatically switches to U.S. Cellular.

Message 4 of 8
schumaku
Guru

Yes, that's why I had asked - over here in Europe these kind of romaings are uncommon. Challenge Verizon if they support anything like this....  Guess you need to have roaming enabled for this, too.

Message 5 of 8
Cuarzo
Tutor

Thanks for writing back.  I did talk to Verizon, they said there is no limitations on Roaming with my data plan, so I think it is a problem with the Nighthawk MR1100.  Why does it say "Cellular Data Off" on the App screen for example?

Message 6 of 8
schumaku
Guru

Does roaming imply the international roaming, or the national roming where there is no coverage? Two very different things.

So you might have to enable roaming on the MR1100 to start with.

https://www.verizon.com/support/domestic-roaming-faqs/ (don't know if htis is applicable to your data only plan however) says "you need to enable data roaming on your device".

Message 7 of 8
Cuarzo
Tutor

Thanks for responding.  Yes, the data roaming box is checked on my device.  I'm unsure about what other changes I need to make to the MR1100 settings from within the App.  

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7