× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: MR1100 Nighthawk no internet after firmware upgrade.

Viewpoint
Aspirant

MR1100 Nighthawk no internet after firmware upgrade.

I have a 3 month old MR1100 that just updated to firmware 12.06.08.00.  As soon as it rebooted with the new firmware it will only provide internet for 1-3 minutes until the connection says “no internet”. It still shows LTE and has fair signal.  Everything appears normal.  If I power it off and on, I get internet for 1-3 minutes again.  This will happen every time.  I hard reset it and it had internet for a while, maybe 30 minutes but then went back to the same problem.  I noticed that during a speed test while it was working, the upload speed was  0 mb during one test and .89 mb another.  I tried to downgrade firmware but it will not load.  I keep getting error code 16.  We use this for business,  I hope someone can help.  

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 14

Accepted Solutions
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Viewpoint

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Please check APN profile settings as it may not have automatically setup the APN profile for your service provider. You can manually set it up via the WebUI and re-check connection.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14

All Replies
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Viewpoint

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Please check APN profile settings as it may not have automatically setup the APN profile for your service provider. You can manually set it up via the WebUI and re-check connection.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 14
Viewpoint
Aspirant

I checked the APN settings and they are correct.  It is detecting them fine.  This 4 month old device is almost unusable after the newest update.  Anyone have any other ideas?  It always lasts longer after a factory reset, then when it starts problems, it won't last a few minutes after a reboot.  

Message 3 of 14
tryharderpls
Initiate

How is this an accepted solution? This didn't resolve this individuals problems.  

I'm also having similar issues since this update.  

Message 4 of 14
Viewpoint
Aspirant

Wow, I know others are having this issue, why is it not being discussed more on here, or being addressed by NETGEAR?  

Message 5 of 14
Hup234
Initiate

(DONT UPGRADE UNTIL THIS IS RESOLVED) SAME PROBLEM ! I manage 28 of these units for my company. I made the mistake of updating 4 of them to the current version. 

All four units now have major issues with internet connections.  Units were updated from NTG9X50C_12.05.05.00 to NTG9X50C_12.06.08.00  The  MR1100 units are unlocked, no suffix letters or numbers after the model number.

Symptoms: the unit itself will stay connected to laptop but only randomly connect to internet at startup. Will disconnect and not recover access. (Cell service is NOT the issue. These conditions  happen even with strong cell signals)

Half the time, even with no access, WiFi indication on task bar will still say "interent access." The other half of the time, shows "no internet access" warning. 

No change to symptoms after factory reset, checked APN, that's fine. In auto mode and provider is there.

I went through all settings to make sure nothing was changed or different. Could not find anything obvious

I downloaded .05.05 version and attempted to back rev units. Getting "Invalid file code 16." (I see that problem is floating all over the forum as well)  I will continue to look into that issue and hope to back rev until a solution is found.

I have the correct version for this unit according to NetGear support /download. 

If anyone has light to shed, I would appreciate it! Thanks

Hup

Message 6 of 14
Viewpoint
Aspirant

I’ve found a work around this think. Remove the batteries, power it via the cord only. Factory reset recheck “ wireless standby(disabled)” also make sure Ethernet standby is disabled. It’s defin a stand by issue with think. Regardless, I’ve had internet for 4 days now after removing the battery. Others have similarly found a resolution through this it seems.
Message 7 of 14
Hup234
Initiate

Looks like I got these working. Continuing to test with success so far. 

Units were still probematic after suggested factory reset without battery and making sure standby's were disabled, etc. 

Under "Cellular"  APN Setting on Auto with our T-Mobile service we had IPV4/6 set as it was prior to update.  I changed setting  to IPV4 only.

Immediate and stable service afterwards. Speeds are good and level. I have been testing for several days with no failures on multiple units.  I have no way of knowing if this will work with another provider, but it's working for us. 

NOTE: Still no answer to my Error 16. Not able to back rev the firmware. Would like to know just in case I need to at some later time. 

Hopefully next upgrade will deal with IPV4/6 interaction. 

Hup

Message 8 of 14
cjlyth
Aspirant

I have the same issue, brand new device. Opened the box and used it for a while with no issue then upgraded firmware and now it won't stay connected.
Message 9 of 14
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @cjlyth

May we please know the device SKU (MR1100-xxx)? 

Were you able to take note of the firmware version? 

Kindly reset MR1100 to factory default settings. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 10 of 14
cjlyth
Aspirant

I have not yet reset the device. My sku is: SKU MR1100-100NAS 

Message 11 of 14
CrashFPV
Guide

I am having the same issue. However mine wont work with the reset and settings changes. I know i have service in this area because i used 30gb before it messed up. MR1100-100 NAS. Places i had 4g service at before the "crash" i only have 3g or H+ if anything. Im only halfway through the first month of service. My isp wont respond, other than telling me i should have service. Not sure what to do honestly. I have ordered an at&t sim card and will try that when it arrives. I think its crazy that they continue to update these devives with a broken update.
Message 12 of 14
cjlyth
Aspirant

I ended up returning mine. I used it for about a week and it was worse than tethering with my phone. I hope the m5 is more reliable. Good luck!
Message 13 of 14
CrashFPV
Guide

I recieved my unlimited at&t sim card from ebay a couple hours ago and now my LTE data is back working again. So that tells me its not the device that is the problem. I got the device from wirelessbuy.com. they supposedly offered a truly unlimited plan on t-mobiles network for $79 a month with the "possibility" of deprioritization after 50gb. However I got knocked down to no service after 30 gb. So im gonna see how at&t is going to be. Their service is better where i am. My only other option is hughsnet and their data rates are garbage. I have to use a wilson signal booster to have any service at my location. Time will tell i suppose
Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7