× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

MR1100 Overheating?

LB_BabyBoi
Tutor

MR1100 Overheating?

Is your MR110 Overheating? 

So i have read that the MR1100 has been overheating after the latest update to some. I have Solved what i think maybe the Issue.. in order for me to be forsure if what i changed is the problem Solver i must ask others a few questions.

1. are you currently using a SDmicro with your MR1100?

if so what is the GB amount?

2.are you currently using the USB outlet with a USB memorystick?

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 8
Shanem21
Aspirant

Re: MR1100 Overheating?

Mine stops charging with a battery heat mode warning. I have a 32G sd card installed but I'm not useing the usb A port for anything. Charging with the C port. What have you found?

Message 2 of 8
pomar
Aspirant

So what is the solution? 

1. im no using a microsd

2. no usb stick on the port. 

Message 3 of 8
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi, All, 

There is a new firmware released for MR1100. Please check for an available firmware update. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000061333/MR1100-Firmware-Version-NTG9x50C-12-06-07-00-00

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 4 of 8
n3t
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you @Blanca_O for telling me about this upgrade!

I just came back from a trip where I was able to operate the M1 in a hotel room for 3.5 days of permanent LTE and WiFi usage with an USB Quick Charge power supply connected and the battery inserted. The M1 was able to charge up the battery to 100% while being in use, and kept the battery fully charged the whole time. This has never worked before, it only did now after upgrading to the new firmware NTG9X50C_12.06.07.00.

So I can confirm that NTG9X50C_12.06.07.00 is a big big step forward for the M1. Thank you very much Netgear for addressing this ugly "cannot charge during usage" problem after such a long time! I had already lost all hope, but now I can wholeheartedly recommend the M1 to others as it is a great device which has been working very reliably and stably for me at all times. The fact that the battery would always deplete during operations was its only real drawback IMHO.

Message 5 of 8
LB_BabyBoi
Tutor

when using the mr1100 with a external memory it seems to overheat faster.. what i have done is under settings trying and reduce the amount of push power.. iv turned brightness to low.. have the Blinking LED inducator off. if used with power outlet it is best to keep back cover off.. and the last thing is to trun Dual band.  other then that power down and just let it charge with no use of the hotspot.. hope that helps

Message 6 of 8
pomar
Aspirant

How about the telstra mr1 version firmware update?
Message 7 of 8
Harold55
Aspirant

@myprepaidcenter wrote:

when using the mr1100 with a external memory it seems to overheat faster.. what i have done is under settings trying and reduce the amount of push power.. iv turned brightness to low.. have the Blinking LED inducator off. if used with power outlet it is best to keep back cover off.. and the last thing is to trun Dual band.  other then that power down and just let it charge with no use of the hotspot.. hope that helps

The M1 was able to charge up the battery to 100% while being in use, and kept the battery fully charged the whole time. This has never worked before, it only did now after upgrading to the new firmware NTG9X50C_12.06.07.00. So I can confirm that NTG9X50C_12.06.07.00 is a big big step forward for the M1.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7