× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: MR1100 Screen Lock and Password security

usmcordie
Tutor

MR1100 Screen Lock and Password security

Hello,

I have the

MR1100 – Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (AT&T) that I use for travel and work connectivity. 

My last Mifi type device allowed me to lock the screen out with a pin or PW which protected it from use by folks who didnt know the Pin/PW.  Does this device have the same capability?   I have looked, I have set up all the PWs needed from Admin, Guest (automatic PW) and the 2.4ghz and 5Mhz bands.... Problem is, all but the Admin PW is visible from the display screen on the routher when powered on and cycling throught the display screens...   

Any advise or feedback is most appreciated.

Model: MR1100|NIGHTHAWK M1
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JSchnee21
Virtuoso

Here you go.

1) Connect to the web management interface (connect device to wifi network, use browser to go to admin page of hotspot e.g. 192.168.1.1

2) Go to "Setup", "Wireless"

3) Scroll to bottom.  Check or uncheck "Display info on LCD"

View solution in original post

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US)
Message 5 of 5

All Replies
JSchnee21
Virtuoso

Are you referring to the Wireless SSID and password for your various hotspot wifi networks?  I'm pretty sure that there is a configuration setting (not sure if it is in the mobile app or only the web config interface) whereby you can choose to have these not be displayed on the LCD.

Though I cannot seem to find it in the manual right now. 

https://www.att.com/ecms/dam/att/devicesupport/5000-5499/5189/NetgearMR1100-QSG.pdf

I don't have the device in front of me, right now.

Message 2 of 5
usmcordie
Tutor

No thays not it.... I've got SSID masked and ibe set all passwords.... my question revolves directly around making or disabling view of the 2.4ghz and 5.o ghz passwords..... currently, each press of the power button cycles through screens on the device.... all of which toggle to expose access passwords with the exception of admin pw.
Message 3 of 5
usmcordie
Tutor

I will look again... thank you!
Message 4 of 5
JSchnee21
Virtuoso

Here you go.

1) Connect to the web management interface (connect device to wifi network, use browser to go to admin page of hotspot e.g. 192.168.1.1

2) Go to "Setup", "Wireless"

3) Scroll to bottom.  Check or uncheck "Display info on LCD"

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7