× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: MR1100,.. Telstra firmware to full firmware ??

PiD_Media
Tutor

MR1100,.. Telstra firmware to full firmware ??

First Post Question Time ! 😉

I have a Nighthawk MR1100, the Telstra version sold here in Oz.

When reading through the manual, it appears the only difference in the firmware is that the Telstra version doesn't let you use an SD card or USB connected drive as a Network Share (samba type), where the manual for the international firmware appears to support it.

The Telstra version only allows media streaming from connected media to home entertainment devices.

As we're using the MR1100 to connect to the outside world for Live Streams, it would be really helpful to be able to send files such as Lower Third Graphics and video peices to a network share that all users on the network can access, regardless of if they're working on a PC or Mac, and without that share being on one of the already busy PC's.

Has anyone had any success updating a Telstra MR1100 to the international (full featured) firmware, or is it locked out?

Also, if anyone from Netgear is reading these, can we get some support for ExFat?
SD-XC cards are meant to be formatted in ExFat as part of the SD standards, so they're currently unable to be used, which rules out anything larger then a 32Gb SD-HC card.

Thanks All!

Message 1 of 8
PiD_Media
Tutor

Bump,...

Does anyone from Netgear read these posts?
Seems the support is spotty at best, and non existant normally.

Message 2 of 8
FCB90
Star

Did You tried tftp maybe?
Other Netgear's routers could be updated this way, but not sure about MR1100.
Message 3 of 8
PiD_Media
Tutor

The update function works fine, I want to know if there's any way to swap from the Telstra Firmware, to the firmware that allows an internal SD card to be used as a regular SMB share.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 4 of 8
PiD_Media
Tutor

Bumping.

Does anyone from Netgear even bother to read the posts on the forum?
Customer support from the company seems to be second worst after Atomos.

Message 5 of 8
FCB90
Star

No, it's simply the worst.

BTW, try to upload new firmware using "fdt.exe" tool, it's the only alternative way to do it.

Please find more informations on WWW.

Message 6 of 8
PiD_Media
Tutor

Will that allow swapping to the regular firmware instead of the Telstra branded version ?

Message 7 of 8
FCB90
Star

Just test it and let us know if it will work.

I have tested it with 1A1NAS and 2A1NAS devices and 100NAS firmware - it works perfect.

I've tried to upload also 100EUS firmware and there was bootloop so it will be probably the same with Your device, but who knows?

I saw somewhere Telstra software, so You should be able to recovery it in case of failure, just find and download it before.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7