× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

MR1100 The operating system can not be updated

abofayez
Aspirant

MR1100 The operating system can not be updated

welcome everybody
I finally got a router. The router works well and the back of the operating system is version 10.05.04. After searching for the update I had an update of 83 Mb. I downloaded the program directly. After the download you click Update. The router rebooted only and did not update the operating system. Try it through mobile. I dreamed through my computer using Safari, Chrome and Opera without any benefit. I tried to update the system through Windows 10 in all browsers and the update was not installed. I then tried to update the system on five other Windows machines. All this and the system is not installed. Where is the problem ? Is there any help?

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US), MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (AU)
Message 1 of 6
abofayez
Aspirant

Betreff: MR1100 The operating system can not be updated

Help us, your experienced people

Message 2 of 6
UK-based
Luminary

Where did you find the update firmware file? I thought that there were no firmware updates files available on the Netgear site for the MR1100 - it normally auto-updates itself, presumably accessing the firmware on a private Netgear server or your carrier's server.

Message 3 of 6
abofayez
Aspirant

Yeah . The update appears on the Settings \Administration\Firmware Update. But After downloading, the router is not updated. Only restarts and this message appears in red: Error: Unabled to update firmware.

Message 4 of 6
UK-based
Luminary

There's one thing that I know will prevent the update - the battery needs to be at least 20% charged. I'm running my M1 without the battery, using just an upgraded charger (Qualcomm QuickCharge 2.0 compatible - providing 2.4A). The M1 fails to update because the OS is looking for 20% battery charge.

If this isn't your problem, I suggest you contact your carrier's technical support team for guidance. The firmware appears to be customised for each country/carrier.

Message 5 of 6
abofayez
Aspirant

The battery is charged above 50% in all attempts to update the operating system. I use the original charger supplied with the device.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7